The " I Dunno Model 8 " ...

Posts about the Model 8
rem81auto

The " I Dunno Model 8 " ...

Post by rem81auto »

I saw this Model 8 For sale at a Gun Show this past weekend. I dunno why someone did all the trigger modification work but they did. The thoughts by a couple of us maybe a crippled shooter or someone was trying to make a Schootzen style 8 out of a 35 Rem ... what's your guess ??

P.S
Does anyone recognize RAM stamped in a number of places on the rifle ... a custom gunsmith back in the day ???

Last edited by rem81auto on Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
81police

Re: The " I Dunno Model 8 " ...

Post by 81police »

that might very well be the most unusual Model 8 I have ever set my eyes on. I suppose they wanted a shorter length of pull and a better foregrip. Maybe for a kid or something? Your guess is probably better than mine :shock:
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
sighthound

Post by sighthound »

Might be some sort of adaption for a set trigger for very light trigger let off, would be interesting to examine the rifle and see how it works.
sighthound

Post by sighthound »

Another thought is that hand grip going up into magazine area might have been a sort of palm rest for offhand position, have to wonder if magazine was shortened maybe only single shot or extend down into hand grip/palm rest, wish the photo poster had access and could examine, location and asking price.
rem81auto

Post by rem81auto »

My guess was the modification's were made to shoot Schuetzen rifle matches ... I am including a pic I found on the net of the style of shooting I am referring to for those of you unfamilar ... note the angle of comb on the Schuetzen and the Model 8 in question. I thought maybe the wood knob on the covered magazine was where the shooter took a left hand palm rest and the wood grooves were for the fingers. I also considered that the 8 had a scope on it at one time ... who know's ???

SH
The owner is asking $1000.00 and I have contact info. I personally think 1k is way out of line but what do I know. Dennis