Installed my Dockendorff front sight on an M8

Posts about the Model 8
texassako

Installed my Dockendorff front sight on an M8

Post by texassako »

I decided to put it on my .25 Rem since it is the most fun to shoot, but I have trouble with the sight picture on the factory open sights. I tried to capture the improvement with the camera in a broght room without the flash, but it was something between the 2 slightly fuzzy pics(please excuse the sheet holding the rifle upright so I could take a pic). It was tough capturing it with my unsteady hands, uncooperative autofocus, and a slow shutter from the flash being off. I also swapped a marbles tang sight to it for future testing, but it sure looks nice through the stock rear.
Attachments
Dockendorff sight pic 2 (445 x 600).jpg
Dockendorff sight pic 2 (445 x 600).jpg (36.18 KiB) Viewed 3893 times
Dockendorff sight pic 1 (470 x 600).jpg
Dockendorff sight pic 1 (470 x 600).jpg (41.66 KiB) Viewed 3893 times
Dockendorff sight installed (600 x 450).jpg
Dockendorff sight installed (600 x 450).jpg (53.79 KiB) Viewed 3893 times
imfuncity

Re: Installed my Dockendorff front sight on an M8

Post by imfuncity »

I like! Will be watching to know how it shoot - POA vs. POI, etc.
Great job on the pixs. Some things are more of a irritation then others as we get older. :o
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
eagles

Post by eagles »

I just got one with the gold cross hairs on gunbroker , do not have it in my hand yet .The pictures of it looked reddish , not blue or black . Does anyone know if a sight like this can be blued in a tank to match the barrel ? Also how did the gun shoot with it ? I'm pairing it up with the Lyman aperture . Thanks
Wildgoose

Post by Wildgoose »

eagles wrote:I just got one with the gold cross hairs on gunbroker , do not have it in my hand yet .The pictures of it looked reddish , not blue or black . Does anyone know if a sight like this can be blued in a tank to match the barrel ? Also how did the gun shoot with it ? I'm pairing it up with the Lyman aperture . Thanks
I shoot a front cross hair app in conjuction with a rear peep on my CMP open class AR. It gives very good results out to 300 meters. A great combo for older eyes. Does restrict the field of view some and might be a bit of a draw back for a hunting set up. Just would depend on the range and size of the game.