Received my model 8

Posts about the Model 8
Alatheia

Received my model 8

Post by Alatheia »

Some of you probably saw this gun on Gun Broker. She's not much to look at but I got her at what I think was a very reasonable price based on what i see they're currently going for. I'll post pictures later today. In person the gun looks better than the Gun Broker photos did. That was pleasing. The screw heads look like they've never been turned. There are no extra holes and the peep sight screw in the back of the receiver is in place. Someone carved "JD" in the stock. My ffl holder said it must have been John Dillinger's gun and is worth a bunch of money. I may run with that story. Gun was built in 1930 Dillinger died in 34 so maybe... ;)

First impressions as I've never held one in my hands before: Lighter than I was expecting. Beautiful lines. Should be quick handling. Can't wait to shoot it. I can see why they're addictive to buy. I hope my wife feels the same way. :D Hope to use it on some deer next year.

Pictures soon.

David
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)
81police

Re: Received my model 8

Post by 81police »

can't wait for the pictures! congrats :D
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
Roger

Post by Roger »

Don't forget,they usually require roommates! Good luck with your shooting. Have some real fun with it.
Thanks for your time
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
Alatheia

Post by Alatheia »

Roger wrote:Don't forget,they usually require roommates! Good luck with your shooting. Have some real fun with it.
Thanks for your time
Roger
I'm already looking. Keep that between us though, my wife thinks one gun of one type is enough. Strange, huh?

I posted pictures of the rifle here.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3122

David
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)