Detachable Magazines

Posts about the Model 8
jack1653

Detachable Magazines

Post by jack1653 »

Hey Guys,

I must have too much time on my hands because I have been thinking of another project to work on and I need some advice. If I am wasting my time or compromising the integrity of the Model 8, let me know and I may stop wasting my time on this idea. I know that there are several members who have detachable magazines who may be able to give advice. Please understand that I am doing this for personal gratification and not for profit. I am sure it will cost a whole lot more than the benefit derived but you can't take it with you. I will not do anything to infringe on existing patent rights. If I am successful I will share the "How It Was Done" on this web site.

I want to try and alter an older Model 8 .35 to accept a detachable magazine. I have a Model 81 .300 Savage with a detachable magazine as a reference rifle and a nearly new 15-shot 35 Rem detachable magazine that was made by the Peace Officer Equipment Co. from St. Joseph-Mo. that I want to use in the "altered" Model 8.

I have Jophn Henwood's book and several Repair Manuals as reference material. What I need is a detail of the internal alterations of a Model 8 that would accept the 15-shot magazine that I have. I know that there are different methods for holding the magazines in place and keeping the bolt open after the last cartridge has been ejected and that is something else that I need.

If you would like to contact me directly, I have no objection and can be reached at jack1653@att.net. Thanks guys and I'll be looking forward to some sound advice.

jack1653