Long time no see

Posts about the Model 8
TNyoteboy

Long time no see

Post by TNyoteboy »

Hey guys, sorry, kind of fell off the Model 8/81 world for awhile. My interest peaked again recently after my Uncle passed away and an offer of some of his guns came about. One that immediately got my attention was a Model 8 in 25 Rem that I tried to buy at least 25 years ago. You have to have known my Uncle, if he acquired a gun, he never got rid of it. My Aunt gave the gun to me the other day and it ends up being a Standard model made in 1920. If I remember correctly he said he won it in a poker game back in the 50s and he has never shot it. It's seen it's share of use but I'm just tickled pink about it. Now to find some ammo. I noticed Old West Scrounger has new production?

Roger

Re: Long time no see

Post by Roger »

Welcome back! I'm sure that you are truly overjoyed with your new rifle. From the pics it looks like a real decent 25 Cal. Model 8. Any 25 rem. M-8 is a great piece to own. They 're'quite rare and you're lucky. To have one.
Thanks for'your time
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
Sarge756

Post by Sarge756 »

Nothing like a neat old 25 to rekindle interest.Thanks for sharing the story of how you acquired it and all the photos.I know there is a 25 in my future one day but no possibility of falling heir to one. Hope you will keep us up to date and let us know how it shoots.
Joe
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Terrific. Patience won out. ;) Indeed, we will want to know how it shoots.
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
81police

Post by 81police »

TNyoteboy that's a GREAT looking 25Rem! And it's still got prominent cheeks left on the stock, don't see that too often. Your uncle had good taste.

Glad to see ya back on here ;)
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
sighthound

Post by sighthound »

Too bad your Uncle had to go but that is life, all good things pass and a good thing has passed to you, now you have the opportunity to Honor your Uncle and the rifle. jerry