THE GREAT MODEL 8 WITH IRON WHEELS

Posts about the Model 8
f.a.b.

THE GREAT MODEL 8 WITH IRON WHEELS

Post by f.a.b. »

I think ( olskool ) had a great idea showing photos of your Model 8 with a IRON FARM IMPLEMENT WHEEL in the background -- So if you do not have a wheel for your photo as you can see I have some extras that I would sell -- Now this would have to be a ( PICK UP ONLY ITEM ) -- So when you come to get your wheel bring along your rifle and we will do some shooting -- Now if everyone that wants a wheel would come at the same time we could have a GREAT REMINGTON 8 & 81 PARTY -- What do you think !!!!
Attachments
rem 8 b.jpg
rem 8 b.jpg (96.61 KiB) Viewed 6710 times
rem 8 a.jpg
rem 8 a.jpg (112.72 KiB) Viewed 6711 times
imfuncity

Re: THE GREAT MODEL 8 WITH IRON WHEELS

Post by imfuncity »

That sounds wheel good to me 8-) Where are yas? And when does the hoedown start? :lol:
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
Packmule

Post by Packmule »

Well I just happen to have a iron wagon wheel. I found this on a side of a good size hill about 9 yrs ago while surveying. I dug it out of the ground and carried it about 2 miles back to the truck in the middle of our 100 degree plus summers.......don't know what I was thinking lol.....
but does make a good prop for pictures I guess.

RSA Member
German Gun Collectors Association

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
olskool

Post by olskool »

pack mule, S.C. is a fur piece from texas or i would be down with dat.....
I have never harvested an animal, but I have killed quite a few.............
olskool

Post by olskool »

Image this ain't no 8 but it is on a wagon wheel. it is my 99 savage barrel band carbine from 1937 in 303 savage.
I have never harvested an animal, but I have killed quite a few.............
ranman

Post by ranman »

This is my 35 cal 1915. It has been restored to its former glory and will see the bush this fall.
Attachments
June1112 074.jpg
June1112 074.jpg (181.47 KiB) Viewed 6502 times
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

Hey ranman,

That is an impressive restoration. The rifle looks fantastic. I notice you used the term restored in lieu of refinised. Did you send it off for the restoration of wood and bluing?

I am waiting for a response from "Old West Gunsmiths" for a restoration quote but haven't heard anything from them. I really want the metal restored to factory condition and not everyone can do this.

Regards,

jack1653
ranman

Post by ranman »

A local smith had this in the back room, it was covered in rust from years of neglect . Metal and wood looked good, no major pits or cracks but just a mess. We started talking and now I am the proud owner, he did a great job. It shoots as good as it looks to. Boy I cant wait till fall.