Source for .35 Remington Dummy Loads

Posts about the Model 8
Western

Source for .35 Remington Dummy Loads

Post by Western »

Does anyone know of a source of .35 Remington dummy rounds? I need four rounds for a display.
texassako

Re: Source for .35 Remington Dummy Loads

Post by texassako »

I have run across one place that may help, ammo-one.com. I bought some obsolete ammo from them in the past but they cater mostly to the cartridge collector set. They deactivate ammo on request, but not sure what they charge to do it. They are a bit misinformed, as some collectors can be that don't actually shoot the cartridges, that .35 Rem is obsolete and not produced anymore. Maybe someone here that reloads could make up some dummies unless you want a vintage bullet? I don't have .35 dies yet, or I would.
Western

Post by Western »

texassako wrote:I have run across one place that may help, ammo-one.com. I bought some obsolete ammo from them in the past but they cater mostly to the cartridge collector set. They deactivate ammo on request, but not sure what they charge to do it. They are a bit misinformed, as some collectors can be that don't actually shoot the cartridges, that .35 Rem is obsolete and not produced anymore. Maybe someone here that reloads could make up some dummies unless you want a vintage bullet? I don't have .35 dies yet, or I would.

I will check them out. I do not need a vintage bullet. I like to have de-milled ammo because I have a household policy that anyone that stays in my house must be able to unload any weapon kept in it, and I teach the process with dummies. Then my rack displays never display with live ammo - always dummy (my life ammo is always under lock and key, except for my service weapon which is kept loaded and itself is under lock and key.) Dummy rounds allow me to teach my wife - a Doctor who is a genius of science but an mechanical incompetent, to unload the gun and to be able to determine its loaded state.

A lot of people shoot .35 around here, but no one I have found reloads it.
Sarge756

Post by Sarge756 »

I need an excuse to clean the bench up.Send me your address (PM if you prefer) and give me a day or two and I will load you up a hand full.They will be 200 gr Hornady roundnosed. I`ll load them empty with a spent primer. Joe
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Way-cool Sarge.

Great policy, Wes. Met a few Docs like your wife. I have put my life in their (medical) hands but not my screw driver! :o
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
Western

Post by Western »

Thanks. Do your drink wine and would you like some obscure but very nice Washington State, New York, or French wine?
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

Hey Western,

I don't know if Sarge756 likes a good wine :?: but I sure do. :lol: :lol:

Regards,

jack1653
Western

Post by Western »

Jack, nothing better than a fine wine.
Sarge756

Post by Sarge756 »

Western; Bench still piled up but I cleared off enough room to get to the press and supplies.I used same process with these that I used for "dummy " rounds when I was instructing. Primer is pulled and case is filled with silicone sealant (Goop) and a wood dowel.Assuming these will be handled quite a bit I crimped the bullets and with the dowel back- up they should stay in place. The cured sealant in the primer pocket will identify these as dummy rounds. I loaded you five and put them in an extra reproduction stripper clip I had. If you need more of the stripper clips our " remcrazy" here on the "8" has them at a reasonable price.
Do I have use for an obscure wine? Let`s see .....twist my arm and I might partake of the fruit of the vine. I`ll get these on the way to you this afternoon.
Joe
Western

Post by Western »

They sound perfect Sarge. If you put your return address on the package I will just send the wine back to the same address. Otherwise just e-mail me the address.

As for the stripper, I will have to contact Remcity about them. I have gone through a stack of around 50 strippers, none really work. A 5x45x39mm stripper works after a fashion but take more time to strip in than single loading.
Sarge756

Post by Sarge756 »

Address is on the package and I welcome the adult beverage, Thanks. The stripper clips from remcrazy work pretty good. Four rounds in the clip and push em straight down and you are good to go.
Western

Post by Western »

The dummies are here and employed, and my wife will be dropping the wine by the postal master on Monday / Tuesday after dropping me at work, depending on her schedule.