Had a great experience yesterday!

Posts about the Model 8
Bend Shooter

Had a great experience yesterday!

Post by Bend Shooter »

I recently joined the site after finding it while searching for my first Model 8/81. I had been tracking two 81's on Gunbroker and one was listed for sale in Long Beach, California. I happen to be in Los Angeles on business for a few days, and had some free time yesterday afternoon. I met up with the seller at his home in Long Beach to check out the 81.

It was a beauty, just like it was described in the GB ad. The seller, Brian Creamer, and his brother, Corey Creamer, were both really, really helpful and patient with me as I asked question after question. It became apparent to me after a short time that they were more than just casual owners/collectors as the amount of knowledge they had about the 8/81's was amazing! Additionally, they are very familiar with this site and many of it's active participants.

I came to find out they have both been lifelong admirers and collectors, as is their father. In short, I could not have asked for a better first experience in shopping for my first 8/81. And also cool was the fact that Corey is an Oregonian, and was in town visiting his brother.

It was a great experience, and I truly felt like a had stumbled upon a jackpot.
imfuncity

Re: Had a great experience yesterday!

Post by imfuncity »

Indeed you have. Wait until you get your M8/81 book... then you can start drooling over the pictures of their Dad's rifles!
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
81police

Post by 81police »

The Creamer family is a great authority on the Model 8 & 81 rifles. Those guys KNOW their stuff and have been very dedicated to helping out the RSA and The Great Model 8. Fantastic fellas, they've probably forgotten more about 8/81's than I'll ever know.
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
Bend Shooter

Post by Bend Shooter »

I had a strong feeling that was the case, I feel very fortunate that my first Model 8/81 contact was so amazing!
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

I am glad your first experience was a pleasant one. There is nothing like getting a good rifle and you could not have bought from a better family. I echo what 81police has said abot the Creamer's. They are well known for their expertise on these excellent rifles. I have had personal dealing with all three of these gentleman and you can't find a better example of professionalism. Their rifles are always as described and are in collector quality. They have provided good information everytime I have asked for their assistance.

Regards,

jack1653