John Henwood's "THE 8 AND THE 81"

Posts about the Model 8
81police

John Henwood's "THE 8 AND THE 81"

Post by 81police »

Was browsing gunbroker (like we all do!) and came across a seldom seen 2nd edition copy of John Henwood's "The 8 AND THE 81" that sold last night. This is the edition before Collectors Grade published the version we all know today. Don't see these too often.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =256360474
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
texassako

Re: John Henwood's "THE 8 AND THE 81"

Post by texassako »

The same seller has had a bunch of 8 and 81 stuff for several weeks now. Guns, parts, and who knows what else, but he puts it up piece meal a few at a time. I thought about sending him a message asking if he was a collector, gunsmith, or just someone who happened upon a large stash of stuff since he is only about 45 minutes from me. A FTF deal for some guns or memorabilia would be nicer than fighting over them on GB.
81police

Post by 81police »

You never know it might be worth your time!
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

45guy has dealt with him - says he is a great guy to deal with and he has been very please with what he got.
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
45guy

Post by 45guy »

He's certainly a nice guy, and the best seller I've worked with on any of the auction sites.
"The sound of shot sweeping through the air toward you is impressive though. I'll give you that. It's like being swatted with the broom of God."