The fun begins...

Posts about the Model 8
45guy

The fun begins...

Post by 45guy »

With the expected arrival of my "interesting," for lack of a better term, model 8 next week I've been scouring the floorboards of my old Land Rover looking for brass to have a few rounds on hand when it arrives. I just picked up another #19 shell holder, as mine was MIA... Now the "fun" begins...
"The sound of shot sweeping through the air toward you is impressive though. I'll give you that. It's like being swatted with the broom of God."
45guy

Re: The fun begins...

Post by 45guy »

USPS says it is out for delivery to my FFL! More importantly, I'd like to share the fact that the same gentleman will be placing 2 more 8's (.25 and .32) and several 81's (all .30's) on GB shortly. I have to say this was without a doubt the best auction transaction I've ever experienced. This guy Is an A+ in my book.
"The sound of shot sweeping through the air toward you is impressive though. I'll give you that. It's like being swatted with the broom of God."
texassako

Post by texassako »

Nice! I have a thing for .25 cal guns since my first and still favorite hunting rifle is a lefty .25-06. It is what I learned reloading on as well. I think The Affliction is setting in(jackitis?). These are much more interesting to shoot than the milsurp Mosins I almost started collecting, but stopped at the lefty M28/76 and a common 91/30 to blast paper with at the range. My lost pieces and tools always show up when I start using their replacements; so be on the lookout.
45guy

Post by 45guy »

And it is here!
Last edited by 45guy on Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
81police

Post by 81police »

NICE :D
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Great arm candy. Now let's see how she cooks.
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
45guy

Post by 45guy »

What a crazy coincidence, the vintage ads I posted were frome my November 1910 copy of, Hunter Trader Trapper. Guess when this 8 was made?
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Way-cool, good enough for framing.
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
45guy

Post by 45guy »

Well Mitch I took her out today to the swamp that is my range. I lost one of my boots setting up targets, so I didn't make it down to pull them. As to how she cooks, at this point I'd have to say like Rachel Ray... She looks really good, and she certainly can produce a meal during the course of the show, yet you never can be sure sure if it is decent.
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Yuck muck! :cry: Could be worse - the english fat chicks :roll: (Maybe we need a life? :lol:)