New Member to the Collection

Posts about the Model 8
Sarge756

New Member to the Collection

Post by Sarge756 »

This one is from 1908.It is 30 Rem and is marked 30-30 just forward of the bolt in the usual spot. I have another 30 Rem from 1910 that is stamped 30-30 Rem on the barrel band at the top. I havn`t had a chance to tear it down yet but looks good from what I can see. This was a find in that it has the round semi-pistol grip and this is one of our friend Bob`s (remcrazy) reproduction stocks. If you have not seen one up close here is your chance. The stock fits like a glove and I look forward to doing the final finishing and checkering on a quality piece of wood. Will keep everyone up to date on the progress .
Attachments
P1010896.JPG
P1010896.JPG (35.69 KiB) Viewed 4189 times
P1010895.JPG
P1010895.JPG (30.03 KiB) Viewed 4189 times
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
81police

Re: New Member to the Collection

Post by 81police »

fantastic rifle and you're right Circle B's stock looks well done, no surprise there!
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
ctgodog

Post by ctgodog »

Nice rifle from early production....stock looks great. I have been very happy with Bob's stock work...I had to replace the fore arms on my Grandpa's 1911 and my 1907 30 Rem's.

How come you had to replace the stock on this one? Just curious.

Clint
[b][color=#0040FF]Time is the Essence of Life, Wine, and Great Guns[/color][/b]
Sarge756

Post by Sarge756 »

Clint I didn`t buy the wood. The seller had bought it from Bob with the intention of restoring the rifle.At the risk of Imfuncity getting on me for being a pirate that`s why it was such a "find". I bought everything for what he had paid Bob for the wood. Can`t get to it right away but this one will be restored carefully.The opposite side of the receiver not photographed is well worn to bare metal. Thankful that it has no extra holes and no rust pits.Barrel jacket is in good shape without any dents. Plan to do a full hand polish,rust blue and finish and checker the stock. Our new collection of photos on different grades of the 8`s will really help out with the design of the checkering patterns.
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Fine booty Scurvy Dog! :twisted:
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine