Jackitis got me this afternoon ...

Posts about the Model 8
rem81auto

Jackitis got me this afternoon ...

Post by rem81auto »

I didn't buy 40 but I did get 3 Model 8's. The 3 are in different Cal's 25/35 Rem. / 32 Rem. / 35 Rem. Dennis
81police

Re: Jackitis got me this afternoon ...

Post by 81police »

Boy I sure do love that Model 8 on the bottom. To me, nothing looks sharper than an early production Model 8 with no side springs and the 1st style safety lever. The early guns in my opinion are the classiest (and tighter fit!). Ever notice how their magazines always fit smooth and flush w/ the trigger plate? Love it.
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

Howdy,

You have to be careful with that jackitis!! it looks like you did very well with those three. They are fine looking rifles. What are the dates on these?

Congratulations!

Jack
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Worse I've done is two in one day. I'm thinking this Jackitis is catching. I told the wife it is going around and she'd better hide the big checkbook :!:

I agree with Cam that one is the best but the others look good too. Congrats
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
rem81auto

Post by rem81auto »

OK, here's the dates. The 2 early 8's only 400 numbers apart date to 1908. The later 35 Rem. dates to June, 1929. Dennis
ctgodog

Post by ctgodog »

Very cool. That bottom one is just like my 1907 model 8/ .30 ...no side springs and the early style safety. I am learning so much from you guys who are familiar with the differences on these rifles. I really enjoy the knowledge.

I am looking through all the posts trying to find the name of John Henwood's book. I know that I saw it somewhere, but can't relocate it. I would like to get a copy. Could someone post the full title, so that I can look for it? Thanks

Clint
[b][color=#0040FF]Time is the Essence of Life, Wine, and Great Guns[/color][/b]
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

"The Great REMINGTON 8 and Model 81 Autoloading Rifles" by John Henwood. It sits on my desk or bench like a dictionary, rarely a week goes by that I'm not using it. Great investment.
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
ctgodog

Post by ctgodog »

Thanks a bunch for the title.

Clint
[b][color=#0040FF]Time is the Essence of Life, Wine, and Great Guns[/color][/b]
rem81auto

Post by rem81auto »

Clint, I have Henwood's book for sale on my website. tks Dennis