Source for Repro Remington Buttplates (including Model 8)

Posts about the Model 8
DWalt

Source for Repro Remington Buttplates (including Model 8)

Post by DWalt »

I found this somewhat by accident. These guys have about everything in the way of grips and buttplates. http://vintagegungrips.net/rebu.html
imfuncity

Re: Source for Repro Remington Buttplates (including Model 8)

Post by imfuncity »

Don't believe I've run across them before, I have now added them to my "favorites/bookmarks" - thanks
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
remcrazy

Post by remcrazy »

Vintage Gun Grips are great peolple and they have top quality products! The gal that takes the orders is really knowledgeable and tells you everything needed about their products, how to install etc! Here's their info: Vintage Gun Grips, 1544 Seminole Blvd., Suite 136, Casselberry, FL 32707; Phone: 407-331-1324 (ask for Joy); email: www.vintagegungrips.com
Regards,
Remcrazy
45guy

Post by 45guy »

Thanks for the info, maybe someday I'll replace my chromed one.
"The sound of shot sweeping through the air toward you is impressive though. I'll give you that. It's like being swatted with the broom of God."
ODA 564

Post by ODA 564 »

I bought a replacement butt plate for my Model 8 from an NC feller (he is on Ebay as jami2409). It looks fine but my original has a more pronounced "curve" to it.

ETA: It appears to be from the same source as the link posted above (i.e., they are identical).

Is this normal? Should I attempt to fit it anyway?
remcrazy

Post by remcrazy »

The guy you got your butt plate from, Jami, is not the same as Vintage Gun Grips in Florida. If you'll notice, Jami's are flawed and not good quality. The reason I know is, I purchased one and ended up sending it back. Jami never said anything in his auction or showed pictures of the plates being flawed & not fitting worth a darn. He got real nasty when I asked about it and told me these were produced from a flawed original! He really got PO'd when I returned it and asked for a refund! Vintage Gun Grips are highest quality available and great folks to deal with! Their butt plates can be placed in hot water and held to your butt and pressed to conform to your cut. Hold in place until it cools and it will stay! They will even instruct you on the proceedure. Theirs are the only ones made like this and are simply the best! A few years ago I was asked to citique the various makers products and "none" compared to VGG in FL!
Regards,
Remcrazy

ODA 564 wrote:I bought a replacement butt plate for my Model 8 from an NC feller (he is on Ebay as jami2409). It looks fine but my original has a more pronounced "curve" to it.

ETA: It appears to be from the same source as the link posted above (i.e., they are identical).

Is this normal? Should I attempt to fit it anyway?
DWalt

Post by DWalt »

Awhile back, I ordered some pistol grips from the NC source. They did not come close to fitting properly and I did not like their appearance either. I returned them, but they didn't give me any hassle. I haven't bought anything from Vintage, but I imagine it's a much better source.