How far away .....

Posts about the Model 8
rem81auto

How far away .....

Post by rem81auto »

are we from trying to put together a Buy/Sell/Trade Show. I would volunteer to host a Show here in Michigan but suspect the way we are scattered across the country distance might be a big problem .... your thoughts ???
81police

Re: How far away .....

Post by 81police »

that's a great idea, I'd love to be able to help put together something like that. I'm in north Texas however.
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
Hardrada55

Post by Hardrada55 »

Regional meetings?? Maybe in conjunction with a local BIG gunshow. We could all book at the same motel/hotel and maybe rent a meeting room. Plus hit the big show too? Tulsa anyone?
...the right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America..."
- Hubert H. Humphrey, "Gun" magazine, Feb. '60
81police

Post by 81police »

good call Walt on Wanenmacher's, "the world's largest gun show"

http://www.tulsaarmsshow.com/
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

Hey Guys,

That that sounds like a great idea. I am in Georgia and I would make the drive if we could solicit enough interest. To be able to see each others collections would be a once in a lifetime event. It might even become an annual tradition.

Let me know if I can assist with the process.

Merry Christmas and God Bless All of You!

jack1653
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Northern Occupied Territory here 1800 miles?... count another vote for Tulsa/Wannamakers. (Understand if one was at Wannamaker's every minute they are open and stopped at each table for 5 sec. you would NOT see it all!!) So, I volunteer Cam's :o for the 8/8 thereafter or before!?! :lol:

Speaking of TX, A Texas traffic stop ...
A guy makes a rolling stop at a stop sign, and gets pulled over by a local policeman. The guy hands the cop his driver's license, insurance verification, plus his concealed carry permit.
"Okay, Mr. Smith," the cop says, "I see your CCW permit. Are you carrying today?"
"Yes, I am."
"Well then, better tell me what you got."
Mr. Smith says, "Well, I got a .357 revolver in my inside coat pocket. There's a 9mm semi-auto in the glove box. And, I've got a .22 magnum derringer in my right boot."
"Okay," the cop says. "Anything else?"
"Yeah, back in the trunk, there's an AR15 and a shotgun. That's about it."
Cop, "Mr. Smith, are you on your way to or from a gun range...?"
"Nope."
Cop, "Well then, what are you afraid of....?"
Mr. Smith, "Not a darned thing...!"
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine