Needed, Thompson SMG Butt/Forearm Specs for Model 8 Project

Posts about the Model 8
remcrazy

Needed, Thompson SMG Butt/Forearm Specs for Model 8 Project

Post by remcrazy »

Hi Guys!

I'm hoping someone in the community can help me out! I'm looking for information and/or specs on WWII Thompson SMG stocks! I'm building a project Model 8 rifle conversion and want to utilize the standard squared forearm stock with finger groove and the standard fixed/removable butt stock. Of course, I plan to modify them to fit the Model 8 configuration. I will gladly pay postage and/or someones time if they can furnish complete specs with dimensions on both stock items. An accurate template of each with dimensions, would be great! Just the outside portions as no need for any of the milled cuts that fit the actual Thompsons. Again, I will modify for the tang and barrel shroud of the Model 8. You can email me direct at: circlebranch@cox.net
Thanks folks and I wish ALL in the community a "Wonderful & Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year"! Let's pray the New Year will be better for everyone and God Bless ALL our military on foreign soils!

Regards,
Remcrazy
RJSPORT

Re: Needed, Thompson SMG Butt/Forearm Specs for Model 8 Project

Post by RJSPORT »

I'll dig mine out and measure it for you or if you prefer I can send a tracing, or if you want I may have a spare.
RJSPORT

Post by RJSPORT »

I found a couple butt stocks but no foreend yet. The butt stock is 12 1/2" long and 1 3/4" wide front and rear. The drop at comb is 3/8" and the drop at heel is 2" The stock has a 3/4" hole in the butt 5" deep and the butt plate is 5" top to bottom. The but also has a square inlet 1 1/2" x 1" by 1/2" deep.
RJSPORT

Post by RJSPORT »

I found my foreend do you need the measurments? How about the grip hanger?