A Grand Slam

Place your vintage Remington autoloader photo's here..
jack1653

A Grand Slam

Post by jack1653 »

Hey Fellas,

Every once in a while something good happens when it comes to collecting our favorite rifles. I have often thought of how lucky packmule was when he found those rifles and could only imagine his elation when he went to get them and saw them for the first time. Then he shared them with the rest of us.

Well, I recently had the opportunity to purchase a gentleman's collection of his Remington Model 8's and 81's. It took a twenty hour round trip drive with a good friend to get the rifles.

I am still sorting through the collection and have found some interesting rifles. I hope to post some of the unusual ones in the days to come. Have a good Day.

jack1653
Last edited by jack1653 on Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
81police

Re: A Grand Slam

Post by 81police »

"my well come in big". Awesome acquisition Jack, keep us posted on some of the goodies you've got in there!
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

You indeed went into center ring w/ these, do I count almost 30 in those stands? (Nice that she let you use the kitchen to show them off - can always order pizza but never have too many guns! :roll:)
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

Mitch,

I should be so lucky to order pizza. What I have been getting is a lot of hot tongue and cold sholder.

Jack
Behemotosh

Post by Behemotosh »

Jack,

The one who gets the most guns wins!

Shoot Straight!
Behemotosh
imfuncity

Cold shoulder, we'll help

Post by imfuncity »

Poor Jack. I and several others really feel for you. Matter of fact, we're so concerned we would even be willing to take a few of you rifles - just to help you out - make mine a .25-35 if you cannot spare a Police!:D
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine