engraved lady "d" 4 grade

Place your vintage Remington autoloader photo's here..
Hibby83

engraved lady "d" 4 grade

Post by Hibby83 »

Hello everyone. This is my newly acquired high "or is it hunting :D" grade Model 8 from 1911, it's chambered in the venerable 35 Remington. The firearm has the Lyman receiver sight, a flat sided oval rear sight blank and a Lyman #5 globe flip front sight. I'm excited to have found an engraved model with a price that didn't pillage my billfold. This example is far from a safe queen, it has some patina from use in the field to say the least. I will need to address a dent in the barrel shroud, i'll have to get in touch with the one local shop that's been around the last 30+ years. If that doesn't pan out I may correspond with the forum to see what/who for my options will be.

Being on a rotation in Poland compliments of Uncle Sam I'm afforded a bit of evening time to sit behind the laptop and search the internet. I'm also able to visit some beautiful places, eat great food and take in the Polish culture. I believe I've gone through all the indexes and surely have checked out a considerable percentage of posts on this great forum.

Awhile back I saw this grade 4/D listed along with a 2 digit serial "75" Model 8 and another Model 8 that had the S curve " semi-military" butt plate. The two standard models were much worse for finish wear than mine and my bid on each was very shy of what they went for.

I can't thank my father enough for being supportive & picking up a couple rifles from our local gun shop for me while I'm OCONUS! To say I'm anxious to get back home and see family, friends and a couple new acquisitions is an understatement. That won't be until early next year though.
Attachments
m8 rev 3.jpg
m8 rev 3.jpg (202.76 KiB) Viewed 6732 times
m8 rev 1.jpg
m8 rev 1.jpg (256.49 KiB) Viewed 6732 times
m8 3.1.jpeg
m8 3.1.jpeg (360.58 KiB) Viewed 6732 times
Phyrbird

Re: engraved lady "d" 4 grade

Post by Phyrbird »

Dude,
You know you got the sister of one of my M8s :!: :!: Sights & all 8-)
Check some of my early posts for the Pics; they are almost twins... :D
Phyrbird
SOKY
Hibby83

Post by Hibby83 »

Phyrbird wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:37 pm Dude,
You know you got the sister of one of my M8s :!: :!: Sights & all 8-)
Check some of my early posts for the Pics; they are almost twins... :D
dude :shock:

Very similar, they definitely could pass for sisters! It's probably a subliminal thought in my head long after seeing your Tattooed lady thread to title my post engraved lady.

Yours look real nice! I love those fitted S curve butt plates.
81police

Post by 81police »

oh my if that rifle could talk....the stories now!!!!
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
54bullseye

Post by 54bullseye »

Hibby83
I just came across this post ! Beautiful old D-Grade rifle !! Congrats John Taylor