32 REM Model 8 Krieger?

Place your vintage Remington autoloader photo's here..
TJH

32 REM Model 8 Krieger?

Post by TJH »

Recently acquired what I believe to be a 1922 32Rem Model 8 with what appears to be a Krieger conversion. Only thing I am not sure about is it only has one magazine side spring. Every thing else appears to be right including the milled barrel lock with snap ring. Magazine is engraved with rifles serial number. The date and repair codes have me confused. I would appreciate any opinions about the codes and correctness of the Krieger conversion. Rifle shoots and functions really well.

81police

Re: 32 REM Model 8 Krieger?

Post by 81police »

Hi TJH,

If the serial number of your rifle is 46xxx it was indeed manufactured in 1922, about the time Remington introduced their date code system. It appears yours was not date coded, however, it has 2 repair codes.

PPP3 - June, 1945

The 2nd stamp is harder to interpret because it appears double stamped, or stamped lightly and a harder stamp applied. So the date is probably U or UU. 1927 or 1949. Seeing this with repair code stamps is not uncommon, I've seen the "3"s upside down, backward, etc.

You have a dandy Krieger conversion there! The gun is in gorgeous condition.
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
TJH

Post by TJH »

81 Police
After looking at the repair stamp magnified, it is a lightly struck W U with another W U over it. Thanks for confirming that it is a Krieger conversion.
TJH
Hibby83

Post by Hibby83 »

Very nice shape, easy reloading with the removable magazine!