Remington Advertisements Collection

Place your vintage Remington autoloader photo's here..
81police

Remington Advertisements Collection

Post by 81police »

Posting this for forum member ROGER, this is his collection of advertisements. Really cool Roger!
Attachments
image000000.jpg
image000000.jpg (103.27 KiB) Viewed 5571 times
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
Roger

Re: Remington Advertisements Collection

Post by Roger »

Hey fellas, I put this collage together many years ago.I have collected old gun ads for 30 plus years. It finally occurred to me that some members here might be interested in this. I asked Cam to post it and so he did. Thanks to him for everything that he does to keep this forum/website going.
Feel free to copy this collage. I'm glad to share this with you.
Thanks for your time
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

Love old magazine ads about guns, esp those from the 50's and 60's. Reminds me as a wee lad sitting in the local barber shop reading issues of Sports Afield, Field and Stream, and Outdoor Life. Would read the mags waiting to get trimmed and sometimes after. Sometimes along with a couple other friends we'd just go into the barber shop to sit and read the mags to the amusement of the barber and other adults. Would also sit in the school library reading the gun/hunting mags a lot instead of doing needed homework, thought the guns and hunting was more important. :lol: My favorite ads were the Savage 99 ones with the Indian holding one and of course the Remington 8/81 ads-guess that's why the love affair with my 81's. Still have a Savage 99 250/3000 on the bucket list-came close several times in getting one. :)
Roger

Post by Roger »

Hey fellas,
The Remington Autoloading Rifle ad at the top is one of the more rare ads that I own. It's from 1906 and I've never seen another one in person. I found the American Field paper,(it is just a newspaper) in an antique mall here that doesn't even exist anymore. I'm lucky enough to have a Browning Auto 5 ad from very early 1946 exclaiming that they are now being imported back onto the US. I've never seen another one of those either.
Thanks for your time
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com