POE Heaven

Place your vintage Remington autoloader photo's here..
jack1653

POE Heaven

Post by jack1653 »

Hey Guys,

I just finished rearranging the safe to house the newest additions from Tulsa. I decided to put all the POE rifles and Conversions in one safe. The picture shows all of these rifles together in one location. While it may be difficult to identify the various rifles it is pretty impressive to have these rifles in my collection. Here is what is in the safe:
Model 81;
2-Arkansas State Police
1-Arkansas State Penetrntiary
1-Brushy Mountain Penetniary
2-Connecticut State Police
4-LA County Sheriff's Office
1-San Quentin Prison
Model 8;
I-Missouri Sheriff designation
3-Undesignated Agencies

Three of the Conversions were done ✅ by Pete VerSchneider and are;
1-Carbine in 35 with POE magazine
1-Model 8 in 35
1-Model 81 in 35
I made Conversions for each caliber in Model 8;
1-25 caliber
1-30 caliber
1-32 caliber
Model 81;
1-30 caliber
1-32 caliber
1-300 caliber Savage

The Conversions were explained in another thread on the forum and were done when I could not find a Police Model. But as time passed I found one, then another and the rest is history. I am sure there are others out there and maybe, if I am a good boy another will join the stable.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention my Dear Friend, 81police who is a tremendous resource on the Police Models. There wasn't one of these Police Model rifles in my collection that was not discussed and reviewed many times before I made a decision to purchase. I also consulted on several of the rifles with Corey and Bob Creamer. The knowledge of these two gentlemen on the Remington Model 8 & 81 is truly remarkable. They have helped me immensely over the years and I am grateful for their willingness to impart some of that knowledge to this collector.

Regards,

jack1653
Attachments
IMG_410.jpg
IMG_410.jpg (133.15 KiB) Viewed 9215 times
jack1653

Re: POE Heaven

Post by jack1653 »

Hey Guys,

I am sorry about the picture. When it was resized, I didn't realize that the top and bottom of the picture had been cut off. I will try and get a better picture later.

Regards,

jack1653
81police

Post by 81police »

This is truly the most remarkable POE collection I know of in existence. The variety of examples and the number of guns in fantastic condition is unmatched.

You have so much history tucked into that safe Jack. I'm pivelged to have been given the opportunity to evaluate and handle them in person...And shoot one or two ;)

Thanks for sharing the many years of hard searching and negotiating culminated in that one picture. Many stories and friendships represented there!
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
Phyrbird

Post by Phyrbird »

You Guys :!: :!: :mrgreen:
Every time you do this I gotta buy another bottle of distilled water from washing the drool off my keyboard :lol:
Can't keep enough for my sleep pump :?
Imagine the gossip these Ladies get on when you close the door; "Loved the trip to Tulsa, wish you were there. Remember the time..." :shock:
Phyrbird
SOKY
ranman

Post by ranman »

Fantastic collection of Police rifles.
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

Here is a better picture of the POE's and Conversions.
Attachments
IMG_426.jpg
IMG_426.jpg (119.97 KiB) Viewed 9175 times
M1Garand

Post by M1Garand »

Hoarder, :lol:
Phyrbird

Post by Phyrbird »

Now don't you go getn on Jack for his affliction. :x We all know Jackitis is contagious and there is no cure but buying or trading for our Ladies. :lol: You can even hear them whispering in the safe; planning your next addition. WE CAN'T help it. :oops:
Even worse some of us are into restoring the ones broken down.
Phyrbird
SOKY
R MARSHALL

Post by R MARSHALL »

That is just to cool. I would love to own just one of those Arkansas POE's.