Jack's Custom Engraved 8...& Carbine Barrel Assy.

Place your vintage Remington autoloader photo's here..
81police

Jack's Custom Engraved 8...& Carbine Barrel Assy.

Post by 81police »

Jack wanted me to post pictures of a custom engraved 8 he snatched at the Tulsa Gun Show. I'll let him include all the details, I just know this rifle is a LOOKER! :shock: :shock: :D :D and one of the nicest non-factory engraved 8's I've seen.
Attachments
MG_0382.jpg
MG_0382.jpg (247.87 KiB) Viewed 10566 times
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
81police

Re: Jack's Recent Custom Engraved 8!

Post by 81police »

another...
Attachments
MG_0383.jpg
MG_0383.jpg (184.7 KiB) Viewed 10564 times
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
81police

Re: Jack's Custom Engraved 8...& Carbine Barrel Assy.

Post by 81police »

AND...here's some pictures of Jack's custom made Model 8 barrel assembly in 30Rem
Attachments
MG_0375.jpg
MG_0375.jpg (249.76 KiB) Viewed 10563 times
MG_0373.jpg
MG_0373.jpg (347.78 KiB) Viewed 10563 times
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
Sarge756

Post by Sarge756 »

Can`t wait to see em up close the end of July at the Great8 event in Taylorville. Hope Jack will let us shoot the short barreled 30Rem(I`m bringing some ammo). Has to be a little milder than the carbine in 35Rem he let me shoot last year.
Joe
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

Hey Guys,

Thanks 81police for posting the pictures for me. If I could have provided better pictures for you, the detail of the engraving could be better appreciated.

I don't have the exact story about the original owner but enough to know the gentlemen was insistent about the design he wanted on his rifle. It is my opinion and that of the gentleman from whom I purchased the rifle it is a Model 8 Grade D and was probably ordered from the factory with the checkering but no factory engraving. The oak leaf design has been done in a very realistic way leaving no doubt about what they are. There is a full deer across the top that doesn't show completely in the pictures. There are two swivels on the rifle that are very unusual and one that I have not seen before. It is indeed another example of great craftsmanship.

The model 8-.30 carbine barrel assembly is the work of forum member "curdog". Mike did an outstanding job on the assembly and I had no trouble marrying it up to one of other model 8 .30 Remington rifles. I am taking 81police's advice and leaving the standard model 8 forearm on the carbine instead of the police style forearm. Joe, you may have the honor of being the first to shoot the carbine at the Great 8 event. Glad that you are bringing some ammo. There may be others who will want to shoot and they can buy some ammo from you if they don't any.

You all can see both of these rifles up close and personal along with many other rifles in my collection, if you come to the Great 8 Event the last week end in July in Taylorville, Illinois.

Kindest Regards,

jack1653
Sarge756

Post by Sarge756 »

Looking forward to it Jack. I`ll get busy at the bench and do some reloading. Bought a bunch of 30 Cal bullets couple days ago that are on the way to me. Will be loading some 35 and 32 Rem also. We will be making plenty of noise I`m sure.
Joe
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
81police

Post by 81police »

Interesting sling swivels on that engraved 8 there Jack. I don't know that I've seen ones like them before either.

and that 30Rem carbine is done in a fashion that it looks factory. Very nice work by curdog.
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
Adam Lee

Post by Adam Lee »

81police wrote: and that 30Rem carbine is done in a fashion that it looks factory. Very nice work by curdog.
Agreed! I wants one!!

Wow - wish'n my classroom didn't take up all my time (as usual) I have been missing out on some good stuff here!

Adam
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

Hey Adam,

Are you going to make the Great 8 event? You had indicated when we were in early stages of planning that you thought the dates would work out before you had to get back to the classroom. We sure hope that you can join us for some shooting and conversation. You may have to wait in line to shoot the carbine assuming you can get it away from Joe. :D

Regards,

jack1653
curdog

Post by curdog »

Thank you for the kind words about the carbine conversions, they certainly are fun to do, and to shoot!
I'm hoping to get something with my 32 this hunting season.

Sadly, I won't be able to make it to the Great 8 event, I have a prior commitment that weekend.
But I'm sure you'll all have a great time without me.
ranman

Post by ranman »

Jack,you always find the neatest rifles,very nice.