1925 Model 8 in .32Rem

Place your vintage Remington autoloader photo's here..
target

1925 Model 8 in .32Rem

Post by target »

The same guy that I got the 1933-34 rifle from also had this rifle. It wasn't in as nice of shape but it's an early one and cleaned up well. I may have a line on a box of original .32Rem. I am definitely gonna start reloading for this particular rifle. The bore is just as nice as the .35. It has been drilled and tapped but at least it isn't riddled with holes. Just like the other I tore it all the way down and did a complete detail cleaning. The only thing I need to do on both rifles is disassemble the barrel jackets once I get the tools to do so.

81police

Re: 1925 Model 8 in .32Rem

Post by 81police »

Congrats on another Model 8! 32Rem is a great cartridge for sure, never as popular as the 35Rem but still a hard hitter.

It appears that rifle had issue with the barrel jacket loosening from the jacket head, and someone soldered the two together. Bet that barrel jacket never comes loose again!
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
target

Re: 1925 Model 8 in .32Rem

Post by target »

Yeah I meant to mention that in my previous post. I hope they did it right and it has no negative effect on accuracy or function.

I might fix it the right way later on down the road but for now the solder job is fine.