"Jackitis" Strikes AGAIN!

Place your vintage Remington autoloader photo's here..
81police

"Jackitis" Strikes AGAIN!

Post by 81police »

Our fellow 8/81 brethren "jack1653" has once again succumbed to the illness which bears his name, "jackitis"!

He asked me to post some photos of his recent acquisitions. A near new Model 81 FBI early-type rifle (the follower isn't even scratched!), two FN 1900's, and a Model 8 "Peace Officers Equipment" rifle with very rare factory 10 round magazine. Jack hit the jackpot...see what I did there ;)

Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
81police

Re: "Jackitis" Strikes AGAIN!

Post by 81police »

here's the POE rifle with factory 10 round magazine...

Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
rem81auto

Post by rem81auto »

That's not just Jackitis >>> that's extreme acute Jackitis .... way to go Jack.
Last edited by rem81auto on Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

Hey Guys,

I want to thank 81police for posting the pictures for me.

It has been a while since the "jackitis" has got me with some good results. :D These rifles came about through some tips and leads from good friends and fellow members. I sincerely appreciate the help to add to the collection. The hit to the ole pocketbook :o is one of the negative effects of the jackitis but it soon gets better and is ready for the next bout. :lol:

The FBI rifle is my fourth FBI model and is an early model made in 1942. It is in excellent condition. I honestly believe that the rifle has not been fired other than factory test firing. As 81police mentioned, the follower was covered in a heavy grease and when I wiped it off there were no signs of cartridge scratches that is so typical with these rifles. The sight is by far the best Lyman 41R I have ever seen so far. The bluing doesn't show well in the picture but it is a deep blue like you see on the hot bluing and not the bluing as seen with slow rust bluing.

The FN's make number 10 and 11 in my quest to get the "Dirty Dozen". These two certainly qualify for being dirty as compared to the other nine in my collection. Both rifles are complete but both have rear sights that are not the original flip sight. These rifle were definitely used a lot but not abused too badly. The bluing is in a state of patina that is often seen on the early model 8"s. The checkering does not have any dings but is not as sharp as the new checkering would be. I am glad to add the rifles to the stable and as 81police often says, "Any FN is a good FN because they are hard to find." If Roger had not been so desperate to get his first FN, I would have had number 12. ;)

The Police Model is a 35 caliber and is the one that is described by 81Police in the main index. You can read about the rifle in his article in the section "10 Round." http://thegreatmodel8.remingtonsociety.com/?page_id=659. We do not know how many were issued but is extremely rare. It is a little different from the other eight Police Models that I have in the collection. You can see that the stock has been altered and a recoil pad has been added. The original butt plate had a bottom metal tang and the spot where the tang was has been tastefully filled in with a piece of walnut. The left side of the receiver had been tapped and plugged for a scope mount. You can see the one tape is in the lettering on the receiver. The magazine is a POE factory original and is a 10 shot magazine and is serial numbered to the rifle. With this addition, I now have Police Models with 5, 10 and 15 shot magazines.

Well, there you have it. As eem81auto said this was not a normal case of "jackitis" but an extreme acute case. :o I hope you all enjoy seeing the pictures and keep those tips and leads coming! :D :D :D

Regards,

jack1653
81police

Post by 81police »

I have to agree with rem81auto, this was not the normal bout of "jackitis"! I better close my web browser before I get bit by the bug too :D
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
ranman

Post by ranman »

Jack1653, you have a great selection of auto loaders and to assemble a dozen is very challenging . I don't know how you will decide which one to shoot. :D very nice
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

Hey ranman,

Heck, I can't afford to shoot the darn things. :o It takes everything to get the rifles and nothing for ammunition. Probably a good thing there is a shortage of all the ammunition or I would be in real debt. :lol: :lol:

I do enjoy the hunt for all the rifles and that is about all I do these days. I don't have time to go to the range and if I had the time, I do not have enough ammo to just go shooting. I am trying to put together a fews hundred rounds so that when I go to visit 81police, we can make some videos shooting the Police models and my conversions that use the 15-shot POE magazines. I will keep up the hunt for number 12 just to complete the objective. After that purchase, then......

Regards,

jack1653
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Amazing fine... great job. (Glad to see the sickness continues.)
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine