Model 8 F 35 Rem. Carol Watson Orange County Auctions "Sold"

Place your vintage Remington autoloader photo's here..
S and S HUNTCLUB

Model 8 F 35 Rem. Carol Watson Orange County Auctions "Sold"

Post by S and S HUNTCLUB »

This Remington Model 8 F in 35 Rem. #10994, sold yesterday (1/24/14 - Lot #. 315) at the Carol Watson Orange County Auction for $5,500.00 + $962.50 Buyer's Premium + Taxes, Fees, etc.

The on-line auction had limited pictures and the wood appeared to have been sanded/refinished. This was a straight grip stock as well & the auction description mentioned that it had a light treatment to breech of barrel behind the rear sight. We've all seen them fetch a higher dollar than this in the past, so maybe the condition had something to do with the selling price. Still a sweet looking piece of Remington history!

Enjoy Life, Bob @ S and S HUNTCLUB
Attachments
1 a 8F 2.jpg
1 a 8F 2.jpg (136.24 KiB) Viewed 4915 times
81police

Re: Model 8 F 35 Rem. Carol Watson Orange County Auctions "S

Post by 81police »

Thanks for posting this for all of us! One peculiar thing I noticed about the rifle is that it's serial number puts it mfg in 1908. How many 1908 rifles have you ever seen with bottom tang metal buttplates?
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
S and S HUNTCLUB

Post by S and S HUNTCLUB »

Good eye Cam!
81police wrote:One peculiar thing I noticed about the rifle is that it's serial number puts it mfg in 1908. How many 1908 rifles have you ever seen with bottom tang metal buttplates?

I did not pay that much attention to the butt plate when I was originally looking at this auction, but that is peculiar for a 1908.

When I look at the Model 8F's, I really enjoy looking at the different engraving found on each rifle. The game scenes are what I tend to look at the most. When you take into consideration the time period in which these were engraved, it is absolutely amazing to me.

Yooper's Model 8F that once belonged to E.G. Kingford & ordered by & given to him by Henry Ford, is one of the Model 8F's that I enjoy looking at. The details are fantastic, plus it has a great story and history to the rifle.

I posted the picture of this Model 8F because the highly engraved Model 8's fascinate me. I wish more people would post pictures of their engraved 8's & 81's. I like to see all the pictures of the Autoloaders that the folks post here on the forum. I would like to see more folks posting pictures of their Autoloaders for everyone to see & a good story to go along with the pictures.

I certainly can't afford them all (Wish I could), but I do like to see the pictures! The pictures give me something that I can day dream about and maybe if I am lucky ... I can chase a few down along the way!

Enjoy Life, Bob @ S and S HUNTCLUB
In The Ten Ring

Post by In The Ten Ring »

If I ever amount to anything, ALL of my guns: for show, hunting, and daily carry will look like this. :D

I wonder how many of these have ended up crushed in gun buy back programs? No wait, too evil a thought! Forget I mentioned it.