my latest project

Place your vintage Remington autoloader photo's here..
olskool

my latest project

Post by olskool »

Imagehere is my latest project, i savad this one out of a gunshop. i got it cheap, they really had no idea what it was. it is a 25-35 it had no blueing left on the jacket a little on the reciever. the wood had some varnish goop on it. i cleaned the bore and found it is bright and the riffling is perfect. i loaded some bullets from my 30 rem brass. the only dies i have are 250-3000 so i necked some brass loaded a few and she shot great! i stripped it down. the tough part was getting a good size dent out of the jacket, i found that a 17mm snap-on 3/8 drive impact socket fit tight in the jacket, so i buffed it down a bit, put it on extention and tapped it in and out came the dent. i had it reblued in a hot tank. done in semi-gloss stripped the wood and refinished it with tru-oil and real tung oil, not the kind bought from lowes. 50/50 mix. the stock has two stripes that look like it was burned from a wood stove or somthing? so i left them in the wood. the gun was made in 1908
I have never harvested an animal, but I have killed quite a few.............
olskool

Re: my latest project

Post by olskool »

olskool

Post by olskool »

olskool

Post by olskool »

rem81auto

Post by rem81auto »

Looks great.
keltg

Post by keltg »

very nice looking rifle.
Smile makes others wonder what you are up to
Packmule

Post by Packmule »

Very nice!

RSA Member
German Gun Collectors Association

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Roger

Post by Roger »

Wow, it looks great. Who did your reblue job? They obviously know there business well. Thanks for your time.
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
DWalt

Post by DWalt »

I have found over the years that sockets have many uses beyond removing nuts and bolts, especially if you have a large number of sizes and lengths. A very nice resurrection. Regarding the stock damage, I believe it is best to avoid trying to make them look factory new by extensive sanding and scratch and gouge filling, unless it is really offensive damage. It removes their character. Stripping and refinishing is usually enough. And I also prefer Tung oil.

I have also used reloading dies to make up cases for which they were not intended. Not .25 Rem, but one can make .25-'06 cases easily from .270 (or possibly .30-'06) brass by using a .257 Roberts sizing die to form the neck. And I load .30 Rem with a .30-30 die set.
olskool

Post by olskool »

yep i also use 30-30 dies in 30 rem. i like the look of the real tung oil with a little tru-oil. i sand very little if any. that is the reason i use a semi-matte blue so it won't like a perfectly new finish.
81police

Post by 81police »

you really brought that old rifle back to life. I think the guns marked "25-35Rem" are ultra cool. What a joy to shoot too :D
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

You done good for sure. Great job.
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
Adam Lee

Post by Adam Lee »

Well done, thanks for posting pics of your .25-35 Model 8!

Adam
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.