pics of my model 8's

Place your vintage Remington autoloader photo's here..
iolhippie

pics of my model 8's

Post by iolhippie »

Here are pics of my three model 8's Top 1906, Middle 1928, Bottom 1929. The 1928 model 8 has a bad safty, it will drop off of safe if the gun is bumped.
Other than that, it looks pretty good. The 1929 model 8 has some rust, like someone with sweaty hands held it and did not wipe the gun down.
Attachments
remington model 8 x.jpg
remington model 8 x.jpg (167.56 KiB) Viewed 8670 times
81police

Re: pics of my model 8's

Post by 81police »

They look good iolhippie, your 1906 rifle has that early style safety. I always thought those were the coolest looking Model 8's.

The safety on your '28 gun probably has a broken tab. It can be fixed and/or replaced.
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
ROBOPUMP

Post by ROBOPUMP »

I have a replacement safety handle and a safety arm that I am willing to sell. I think maybe your problem is with the detent ball in the receiver that is not catching the detent holes in the safety arm. I am sure that can be repaired by a compitent gunsmith.

ROB
iolhippie

Post by iolhippie »

Rob,

How much for the safety parts.

I took the but stock off and could see the safety rocker move inside the receiver. I tried tightening the screw, and that more or less worked, until I moved the safety down (off) then up (on) where it became loose again. All parts work, but it will not stay on safe when rifle is moved.
Also, the operating handle is missing it's guts (the bushing, plunger, and spring). Know where I can get them?

Thanks
ROBOPUMP

Post by ROBOPUMP »

The screw does basically nothing. I still think the whole problem is with the detent ball in the receiver. If it is not there or frozen in, it will not catch the indented semicircles in the safety arm. If the ball is still there, it may just be stuck and you can release it with penetrating oil and pushing down on it several times. You can get to it by removing the trigger plate and pushing the safety arm below it. Use a playing card or other protective material between it and the receiver to prevent damage to the receiver. It would be rare for anything to be wrong with the safety arm or the safety lever.

ROB
Phyrbird

Post by Phyrbird »

Iolhippie,

Herre you go: :) One bolt handle;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... SS:US:1123

If you are the lucky bidder; I'd like Dibs on the Mag side spring, Mag follower, & barrel sight block, please. I can't afford the additional total right now, perhaps we could work a deal. Private message me if you get the parts.

Carl
Phyrbird
SOKY
iolhippie

Post by iolhippie »

Rob,

I'll check the ball and see what happens.

Thanks
iolhippie

Post by iolhippie »

Phyrbird

$99.00 is a little much right now. I will watch the bidding, and may have to try for it anyway. If so, I'll let you know.

There are some gun shows coming up here in Dallas real soon, maybe I"ll find a mod 8 which is only good for parts. If so, we can
probably deal for what you need.

We'll see.
adlena

Post by adlena »

nice pics, keep sharing!@#$%^&
actual tests actual tests