Assistance please

Place your vintage Remington autoloader photo's here..
cronicGAS

Assistance please

Post by cronicGAS »

Sorry folks,
Greenhorn having a heck of a time posting photos. Attempted a straight upload from my machine and got nowhere. I created a Picasa page through Google and found it useless. Any how to tips would be greatly appreciated.
Who would of known rust can be beautiful!
rem81auto

Re: Assistance please

Post by rem81auto »

Picturetrail works pretty good.
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

Hey cronicGas,

Don't feel bad about the picture posting. :( I have been here for 4 years and I still can't get pictures to post. :roll: There are two forum members who will be more than happy to help you. You can send the pictures via emai to 81police or to imfuncity. You can send them a PM to get their email address.

Regards,

jack1653
81police

Post by 81police »

There are a couple of ways to do it.

The easiest (I think) is to upload them directly through the forums here. When you make a new post where it says "preview, submit, save, cancel", below all that is a box that says "browse". You use this to find where you have the photograph saved, then once you find it you hit "add the file". Just keep in mind we have a limit on uploads to prevent gargantuan sized pictures being uploaded so you might have to resize the photo first.

Another way to upload, which i use occasionally, is to first upload your pictures using a free account from websites like photobucket, picturetrail, etc. Once you upload on there you simply copy the "IMG code" and paste into your posting.

If neither of these seem to work, feel free to email the photos to me and I'll be happy to post them for you.
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
Pitchy

Post by Pitchy »

Another way to upload, which i use occasionally, is to first upload your pictures using a free account from websites like photobucket, picturetrail, etc. Once you upload on there you simply copy the "IMG code" and paste into your posting.
I use photobucket and post lots of pictures and like that method. :)
A lot of water under the bridge good and bad,
Bad when i did it my way, Good when i did it Gods way.

USAF-72-76
cronicGAS

Post by cronicGAS »

Thank you all!. My sizing was a bit large for upload. Needless to say, here she is, I thinks she is pretty sharp. 300 Savage, appears un-fired and dying to go outside. Appreciate your interest in looking.
Attachments
safe.jpg
safe.jpg (15.8 KiB) Viewed 7109 times
rec.jpg
rec.jpg (15.56 KiB) Viewed 7109 times
profile.jpg
profile.jpg (15.7 KiB) Viewed 7109 times
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

Great looking 81. I am sure you will enjoy shooting your new rifle.

It looks like I need to be schooled by the grandson on how to resize and upload. I think that has been my problem.

Regards,

jack1653
cronicGAS

Post by cronicGAS »

Hi Jack1653,
I opened the photos in Microsft Office Picture Manager. There is a selection on the top to "edit pictures." Once I hit that a box came up on the right with a option to compress. I made the selection and hit the option for email and there we have it.
cG
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Good job on the pics (you might want to go a bit larger :ugeek: )... nice gun. Look forward to your harvest pics.
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine