Jack's Beauty

Place your vintage Remington autoloader photo's here..
81police

Jack's Beauty

Post by 81police »

Here's some photos of Jack1653's 1924 Model 8 in .32Rem. Finding these guns in such good shape is getting more and more uncommon. Love the flat-knob pistol grip stock! Knowing Jack he probably got a good deal ;)

Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
jack1653

Re: Jack's Beauty

Post by jack1653 »

Thanks for posting the pictures for me 81police. I guess a good deal is one in which you think you did good on the buy. In this case, I got a very, very good deal. I find it very hard to tell from auction pictures whether the condition of the rifle is really good. In this case, I had talked with the seller and he affirmed to me that the rifle was in pristine condition considering it was issued in 1924. Those kind of comments, "considering it was issued in 1924" usually means a lot of wear and tear. In this case, the seller was very accurate in his description. The metal as seen in the pictures is flawless and looks like it came right out of the box. The rifle had been shot many times from the telltale residue on the inside but it cleaned up perfectly.

The forearm, buttplate, tang, stock and barrel jacket are all serialed numbered the same as the receiver. The barrel codes are correct for the year 1924 and this is important to me. It doesn't have a darn thing to do with the quality of the gun, but is something that I look for in the rifles that I purchase.

As 81police accurately commented, this style of stock is becoming more and more difficult to find. To find one in this condition is a real plus and I am lucky to have purchased it.

I hope all of you enjoy the pictures as much as I do in sharing them with you.

Regards,

jack1653
imfuncity

Re: Jack's Beauty

Post by imfuncity »

Indeed that metal looks so good at first I would have been concerned that it was a reblue. Great find, enjoy.
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine