Wanted: Model 8 for year 1933

Items wanted
jack1653

Wanted: Model 8 for year 1933

Post by jack1653 »

Hey Guys,

I am trying to find a Model 8 in any caliber that was manufactured in 1933. I would hope the rifle is in decent condition but it does not have to be perfect. Normal wear would be expected but should be free from rust and the wood free from cracks. Any sights would be acceptable and I would hope it would shoot okay. I would be willing to trade another Remington model 8 for the rifle. If you have one that you would be willing to sell or trade, please email me at jack1653@att.net. Thank you for your consideration.

Respectfully,

jack1653
jack1653

Re: Wanted: Model 8 for year 1933

Post by jack1653 »

Hey Fellas,

Since I haven't had any responses yet, I am reposting in hopes that someone can put one in my hands. If I can find this year, I will be able to say that I have a Model 8 for each year Remington manufactured the Model 8 from 1906 through 1936. Surely there is someone out there that can help me meet this objective. Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,

Jack
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

Hey Guys,

The search is over for the 1933 Model 8. I was successful in finally finding one that I will be receiving right after Christmas. It has been a tough search but persistence has paid off. When I get the rifle, I will have successfully completed an objective set a long time ago. I can now say that I have a Remington Model 8 for every year they were manufactured from 1906 through 1936. There are only 5 that do not have the matching barrel code to the serial number for year of issue. Not a big deal, but I will find replacements for those 5 years. It is just a personal quirk that I have.

I want to thank everyone who was helping me look for the missing years. A very special thanks to Mitch Silvers who not only located some, but even arranged to get them to me from California to Georgia. Now that is a real friend who would put up with all the regs in California just to help a fellow collector. I could not have done it without you ole Buddy

It is difficult to get a good picture of all the rifles in one picture with detail but I will post something very soon.

I am in need of only one more Model 81 and that is for the year 1943 and I will have one for each year that the Model 81 was manufactured. I will pay a nice reward to anyone who can lead me to the successful purchase of this scarce year.

Merry Christmas and God Bless all you Remington 8 & 81 owners.

Kindest Personal regards,

Jack
81police

Post by 81police »

Jack the hound dog! Congrats on your findings, and quite a collection WOW!
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Indeed, look forward to the pictures.

Sooooo, about that M8/81 ho-down... sounds likes Jack's is the place to go, he'll have one or three for each of us!!
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine