Barrel Lock Screw

Items wanted
Superimposed

Barrel Lock Screw

Post by Superimposed »

I am in the process of replacing a broken firing pin and finding a barrel lock screw for my Model 8 in 32 cal. This gun has been a safe queen for as long as I can remember. It belonged to my grandfather who died in 1942. My father would not let me hunt with it when I was young, guess he did not relish being in front of me with the semi-auto in my hands. We did lend it to a fellow that went on a hunt with us. At the end of the day, he said, "I would sure like to shoot this." He found a target and pulled the trigger and nothing happened. We discovered a broken firing pin. The primer had a dent in it but not deep enough for ignition. At that time we discovered the Barrel Lock Screw was missing. I would like to get this Model 8 in working order. Please email me at weolson@centurytel.net if you can help. Bill Olson
Superimposed

Re: Barrel Lock Screw

Post by Superimposed »

Upon closer inspection, I discovered that the missing screw was not the barrel lock screw. The missing screw was a scope base screw, an old T-8 scope mount,one of 3 holes that were tapped into the lower part of the Model 8 receiver. The missing screw is the middle screw. I pulled another scope mount screw and discovered it is a round head, tapered shank screw. I have been contacted by Fred who thinks he can duplicate the screw. Thank you all for your interest.