35 Rem barrel nut washer.

Items wanted
rromeo

35 Rem barrel nut washer.

Post by rromeo »

I am in need of a barrel nut washer for a Model 81 35 Remington. Any leads to find one would be great. Thanks.
rromeo

Re: 35 Rem barrel nut washer.

Post by rromeo »

Now that I understand the futility of searching for one to buy, Does anybody have one that can be measured for me?
motorcarman

Post by motorcarman »

I have a barrel nut washer if it is the one that is serrated. I bought it from NUMRICH years ago as a 30-30 Rem replacement for my Remington Autoloading Repeating Rifle. (pre model 8) The one in the barrel shroud/jacket was cracked/broken and the one I got from Numrich was the same ID as the broken one. (TOO LARGE, Wrong Part)

I found all the broken parts in the shroud and determined that the one I bought was the same one that was broken. The barrel just rattled around in the new washer so I got on eBay and found the correct .25,30,32 Rem washer.

I would guess that the one I originally bought from NUMRICH is for the larger diameter .35 Barrel although it was clearly sold as the .25,.30,.32 part.
I can measure the ID, OD and thickness to give you some info.

Let me know if you are interested as I have no use for it.

send a Private Message or email.. rancher_dude@yahoo.com

I can put it in the mail if you buy-the-ride.

bob gauff, Decatur, TX.
bob in rural Wise County Texas
motorcarman

Post by motorcarman »

I measured my unused barrel nut.
.875" OD
.610" ID
.130" Thick

Measure your barrel OD and ID of the barrel Jacket/Shroud to see if this is the correct washer.

The .35 Rem and .300 Savage are the same. The .25,.30 and .32 are the smaller one that I finally got to fit my 30-30 Rem (that is how my barrel is marked).

bob
bob in rural Wise County Texas