Model 8 Buttplate

Items wanted
errickbraggs

Model 8 Buttplate

Post by errickbraggs »

In search of metal Remington model 8 buttplate. The pictures below are not of my gun (obviously) but has the exact same shape as mine, so this is the buttplate I'm looking for. If you have one, please get in touch with me; (email) art@errickbraggs.com. Thanks!
Right side profile
Right side profile
model_8_buttplate3.jpg (62.38 KiB) Viewed 3901 times
Back end
Back end
model_8_buttplate2.jpg (36.19 KiB) Viewed 3901 times
Left side profile
Left side profile
model_8_buttplate.jpg (63.8 KiB) Viewed 3901 times
Phyrbird

Re: Model 8 Buttplate

Post by Phyrbird »

I have one on a rifle, sorry not for sale. It's the "military" style butt plate and on of the scarcer plates for Remingtons. I've only seen one for sale on Broker or fleabay in the last 3 years. Good luck to you. From looking at mine, fitting it to the wood is more than challenging, a job for the best smith. Remember to install a screw base plug in the stock holes if yours has them. One of the screws falls right in the lightening hole in a factory stock.
Phyrbird
SOKY
ROBOPUMP

Re: Model 8 Buttplate

Post by ROBOPUMP »

I have a rifle with this buttplate, but it only has one of the 1" diameter holes drilled that is between the two screw holes. This is somewhat different from what is covered in Henwood's book saying the buttstock had been done for a different buttplate and the original screw holes had been plugged. I was surprized to see that the buttstock only had one drilled 1" hole. There are no plugged screw holes. All looks original.

ROB