birthday wish list EDITED

Items wanted
Adam Lee

birthday wish list EDITED

Post by Adam Lee »

50 in a few weeks - interested in shooting grade/low budget here - no "F" grades, LOL - anyway, here goes.

1. Remington 14/141 in .35 Rem/.30 Rem
2. Remington 81 in .300 Sav
3. Remington 51 pistol in .32ACP/7.65mm
4. Pre-1930 Remington 11 in 12 ga
5. Remington Model 10 - pre-model 29 just got ahold of one of these - so that is off my list!!
6. Remington Model 17 - 20 ga - always wanted one!
7. Remington 8/81 in .30 Rem/.35 Rem

thanks for looking.
Adam
Last edited by Adam Lee on Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:27 am, edited 4 times in total.
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
sighthound

Re: birthday wish list

Post by sighthound »

Just my thoughts, wish list on pre 11 Remington, if you are wanting this for a shooter, I would suggest considering a 1928 or later 11 because of the crossbolt safety at rear of trigger guard. The pre 11 and 11 through 1927 have the original Browning design suscide safety inside of guard at the front, hard to use and dangerous especially with gloves in cold. Browing improved its safety in 1909 but was still at front and did not adopt crossbolt safety untii Remington made the American Brownings during WWII and followed through after returning production to Belgium FN after war. Both are great guns but I prefer the better safety. Jerry
Adam Lee

Re: birthday wish list

Post by Adam Lee »

sighthound wrote:Just my thoughts, wish list on pre 11 Remington, if you are wanting this for a shooter, I would suggest considering a 1928 or later 11 because of the crossbolt safety at rear of trigger guard. The pre 11 and 11 through 1927 have the original Browning design suscide safety inside of guard at the front, hard to use and dangerous especially with gloves in cold. Browing improved its safety in 1909 but was still at front and did not adopt crossbolt safety untii Remington made the American Brownings during WWII and followed through after returning production to Belgium FN after war. Both are great guns but I prefer the better safety. Jerry
Thanks for the detail Jerry - however, that suicide safety is what I'm looking for. I am interested in the pre-30 and earlier semiauto shotguns - so it's ok - this is not going to be my "SHTF shotgun" - my Savage 720 already does that job!

Thanks though, Jerry!
Adam
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
Adam Lee

Re: birthday wish list EDITED

Post by Adam Lee »

Can cross one gun off the wish list - I just won a Model 10...

....and I edited my post to show my willingness of finding Model 8's and 14's in .30 Rem too! :mrgreen:

Adam