stripper clips

Items wanted
panzerman

stripper clips

Post by panzerman »

Hello all,
I picked up a Model 8 in 30 Rem and am looking for stripper clips. Does anyone have an idea where I might find a couple?

Thanks much,
J
[b]Ride, shoot straight and speak the truth "Jeff Cooper"/b]
Rem8&81

Re: stripper clips

Post by Rem8&81 »

My brother may be able to help you out if you're still looking. Brian Creamer email, winwinoptions@yahoo.com
[color=#004000]COREY CREAMER[/color]
ROBOPUMP

Post by ROBOPUMP »

If you know how to properly load the rifle, you probably won't use stripper clips. I can probably load a rifle as fast as you can load a stripper clip. Push the bullet in vertically near the rear of the magazine and lean it forward. The magazine almost sucks it in. There, that was easy. Now, what do you need stripper clips for? That is why most stripper clips were thrown away or misplaced over the years. I sold my last stripper clip on GunBroker last week. That $36.00 will almost buy a box of 30 REM ammo or 25 or 32. Stripper clips do look neat with other stuff when displaying a prize rifle.

ROB
DWalt

Post by DWalt »

Original chargers are expensive and aren't needed to load an 8/81. As described, proper loading of single rounds is fast and effective, and unless you find yourself in a shootout, you'll never need the ability for a rapid clip load. I fortunately came across 3 .30 Rem clips as part of a package deal including a Model 8 and 5 boxes of ammunition. Those clips are worth as much as the ammunition, and went straight into my ammunition collection. I won't be using them. Last time I saw some on eBay, I think they were about $40 each.
In The Ten Ring

Post by In The Ten Ring »

Well, I am a huge stripper clip fan (coming from a past of bolt action military rifle matches) so I'd have to have the clips! Besides, accessories rock!
In The Ten Ring

Post by In The Ten Ring »

I tried 8mm Mauser stripper clips in my .35 Remington Model 81 yesterday and they worked great! I was using Turkish clips. Turk clips should be available on gunbroker.com
recurve60

Post by recurve60 »

i have used sks stripper clips successfully with my model 8 in .35 rem.
Bandersnatch

Post by Bandersnatch »

Swedish 6.5x55mm stripper clips seem to work just fine for .300 Savage.
I am the cat who walks by himself. And all places are alike to me.