trade for a Model 8/81 "stock" rear sight & other parts

Items wanted
Adam Lee

trade for a Model 8/81 "stock" rear sight & other parts

Post by Adam Lee »

I'd be interested in trading for a few parts. Main thing I need, now that I've successfully replaced my broken magazine spring (thanks, Jeff Pajtas!) is a stock style rear sight assembly for my Model 8 barrel jacket. As always, I'm interested in other stuff too, but main thing I am missing is this sight.

If you've followed any of my posts from the past, I inherited a nice shooter-grade 8 from Roger that was resurrected by his swapping a functional barrel jacket. Unfortunately, it came "sans" the rear barrel jacket sight, although it did have an aftermarket Williams receiver-mounted sight.

Now, I'd like to swap for any flavor of rear jacket sight. Stock style, semi-buckhorn, flip peep, whatever. Just something that works and fits the screw spacing so I have a rear sight. In fact, the finish can be completely worn off or flaking or anything, since I will be reblueing it anyway.

Anyone see my miniature models in the other posts? I've got several projects in the pipeline I would be willing to swap in trade for parts. Bear in mind that most of my models are a labor of love, with hundreds of hours put into them by the time I consider them finished. Now, I can assemble most any model straight out of a box in a matter of an afternoon or a long weekend, depending on the complexity of the kit. However, what makes me so interested in modeling in the first place is detailing and painting the finished product. I ensure that the final finished appearance is lasting by virtue of layered coats of acrylic clear in between paint coats, either matt or gloss depending on the desired effect. That's also how I "lock in" the powdered pigment weathering dust-coats as well as the "dirty wash" weathering coats. My mutt jeep M151A2 has a simple wash if you want to see what I am talking about.

Here are some kits on hand I would detail finish, either to specifications you describe, or finishes appropriate based on research:
1. Dragon Tiger II, 1:35 scale
2. Italeri/Humbrol CCKW "Deuce and a Half", 1:35 scale
3. Tamiya Jagdtiger, 1:35 scale
4. Tamiya late-version Tiger I, with zimmerit, 1:35 scale
5. Variety of vintage Frog/Heller/Matchbox 1:72 aircraft kits
6. Dragon Sturmtiger, metal/plastic, 1:72 scale
7. Dragon (I think) late-version Focke Wulf FW 190 Dora 9, 1:32 scale (about a foot long)

Of course, I could also build a kit you are looking for, so long as the parts swap seems fair.

ok, this is just a thought.
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
Adam Lee

Re: trade for a Model 8/81 "stock" rear sight & other parts

Post by Adam Lee »

Forgot to add some few pics that show my work.

Here's what I meant about "wash" coats - they define shadow, recesses and creases in objects, and create illusion of depth. M151A2 Mutt I made for my son.

Adam
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
Adam Lee

Post by Adam Lee »

Carl, check your PM's. Just replied to yours this morning.

Thanks - Adam
Adam Lee

Post by Adam Lee »

Carl and I worked it out - I think I am set with my search for a rear sight right now.

Thanks!

Adam
Adam Lee

Post by Adam Lee »

Carl is the man! I am pleased with the parts you sent. Everything fits, and is fine quality.

Thanks!