Trade for a Stevens 520, 520A pump shotgun (hey, Mitch!)

Items wanted
Adam Lee

Trade for a Stevens 520, 520A pump shotgun (hey, Mitch!)

Post by Adam Lee »

OK guys. Three minutes before I gotta leave the PC and get on with prep for my workday.

The idea came to me, that perhaps Mitch - or anyone else out here in the society - may be interested in a proposal of sorts.

Yeah, we all know I'm a project-tinkerer kinda guy. Anyway, I am very interested in obtaining a Browning-patent pump shotgun to restore and use. My items of interest include the early Stevens 520, the later Stevens 520A, and either of the Ranger 30 or Westernfield 30 520 clones. This would be 12 gauge.

Here's my offer/proposal: since I revealed my other hobby recently to the board, and some have expressed interest, I would make a trade for a consigned/commissioned kit build to get my hands on one of these shotguns. Value of a well-used example of any of the above-mentioned guns ranges anywhere from 100-250. I am able to put some extreme detail into a scale model kit build, prefer to do trucks/tanks/tracked/ground vehicles and figures in 1:35 scale and up. Also enjoy any aircraft kit, 1:72; 1:48, 1:32, or the big boys that end up small scale 1:144.

First off, when I can add pics, I will offer one of three or four projects nearing completion which I can trade soon. These will be mounted on a wooden or composite display base, rigid mounted with a screw through the base and internal to the model.

OK, think about it!

Adam
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
Adam Lee

Re: Trade for a Stevens 520, 520A pump shotgun (hey, Mitch!)

Post by Adam Lee »

OK, I should clarify things a bit.

I'd be willing to build display models in trade for almost anything gun-related. Parts, ammo, whole guns for fixup, whatever.

I just happen to have a hankerin' for the Browning double-humpback/single-humpback pump shotguns!!

I like ALL gun types, so no holding back out there! :lol:

Adam
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
Adam Lee

Post by Adam Lee »

Hey Mitch!

Were you gonna snap some more pics of your 520's for me, after you got done fixing the a/c on your Jeep? :mrgreen:

Just rattlin' yer cage, man.

OK - I edited the text that follows SLIGHTLY so I don't come off as such a 1967 Marine Corps DI. Hope you understand. I was a little embarrassed at how my thoughts just rolled out of my head without being properly filteres. Oh that's right, my filter was broken and never replaced!!! :roll:

I have nothing left to do at my job but survive until June 18th. Thinking about gun projects is about the only thing keeping me sane these days. Out of my 21 students in sixth grade, I have four unique "subsets" of kids groups that run together. Two of these groups are completely out to lunch in all regards.

Respectful behavior, politeness, courtesy, and kindness to others are alien concepts to what I call my "al-Qaida cell" group. This rag-tag team of incompetent morons (oops - did I say what I was thinking?) hails from the far reaches of our favorite lands, such as Iran, Afghanistan, and Pakistan. Parents range from unemployed cab drivers on some sort of welfare to parents working at the World Bank in DC. Regardless of their socio-economic status, these "fab four" losers are completely helpless as well as extremely immature. No matter what strategies I employ to attempt to guide them into a love for learning, their behaviors most closely mimic those of a sorry-ass second grade booger-picking boy's club. I blame the parents for most of this....their attitude seems to be that by dumping their kids off at my doorstep, their sons will develop automatically into fine upstanding brain surgeons prepared for a future in Islamic brain surgery. What-ever!

My second most annoying team is my "boys from the hood" basketball crew, however their only real trouble is that due to their talk and play in the classroom, this allows the al-Qaida cell to take advantage and jump in with their inappropriate nonsense. In fact, these future NBA all-stars (in their minds, of course) are extremely polite to me and respect authority - once given the smack-down, they ALWAYS apologize and reply with "no Sir, Mr. Freeman" or something similar. It is only with extreme effort that the "splinter cell" group does so. I don't even bother calling the parents - been there, done that, nothing happens. Even the crappy report cards which are always signed don't stir them to take action with their kids.

Thanks for allowing the rant. While it was completely incorrect politically, I enjoyed venting regardless. That is something I cannot really get away with at work. Also, understand that I love working with all kids from all over the world - that is the main reason I do this job. It wasn't fair of me to leave that part out - I mean, I would not be doing my job if I didn't truly enjoy teaching - and feeling so useful in helping young people access their brainpower to become productive, creative, positive members of the best country in the world. Before I edited this post, I read it over a few times and realized I sounded like a whiny, moaning baby-man who was complaining like a pathetic infant. I guess I snapped, Warden!

Also to explain my next comment about Dirty Harry: what I am saying is that I am a VERY "equal opportunity" disciplinarian/father figure to ALL. I don't care a THING about ethnic background, EVERYONE is equally awesome OR worthless, depending on the choices people/kids make in life!

You can think of me like Lt. Callahan from Dirty Harry. At some point, I hate everybody equally - if they disrespect my authority!

Adam
Attachments
adam2009 copy.jpg
adam2009 copy.jpg (96.45 KiB) Viewed 6256 times
Last edited by Adam Lee on Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
jim8008

Post by jim8008 »

Scary.
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Indeed... :shock: Think I'll stay with my nursery: feed, pot, and water then back to bed for the 93yr old. I'm not nearly as likely to need the "most powerful... in the world" with her. (Still looking for one of those actually.)
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
Adam Lee

Post by Adam Lee »

June 18th. Can't wait. 41 days.

Must sound like I'm waiting to be released from County lock-up.

By the way, I edited the original post to better describe my innermost thoughts. (I just copied that directly from an episode of Dr. Phil)

Adam
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Saw no problem with the first post. But now after adding the picture, the post by Jim8008 is particularly appropriate. ;)
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
Adam Lee

Post by Adam Lee »

imfuncity wrote:Saw no problem with the first post. But now after adding the picture, the post by Jim8008 is particularly appropriate. ;)
Who said that guy in the shades was me? Yeah, ok, it IS me. Maybe I look scary, but my wife thinks I'm kinda cute. OK, now she also tells me I can be pretty ugly, but that's usually due to situations in which we both may have had too many adult beverages and some sort of disagreement.

I do wear those shades pretty often, especially at recess. Yep, I transform from mild-mannered (really! honest!) classroom Joe to "the man with no eyes" in seconds!

That was a Cool Hand Luke reference, for those of you young-'uns.

Adam