WANTED..For a Model 8 .. BUTT STOCK

Items wanted
top39

WANTED..For a Model 8 .. BUTT STOCK

Post by top39 »

I'm looking for a decent BUTT STOCK for a very nice Model 8.. in .30 Rem
It has a TANG SIGHT...that I do not want... Someone put a rubber pad on mine...yuk...
I also have a full wood case of .30 Remngton ..from a PRISON in Colorado..In WHITE boxes...FULL METAL JACKET..Like was used by the US MARINES.. May part with some ??? For Collectors...
S and S HUNTCLUB

Re: WANTED..For a Model 8 .. BUTT STOCK

Post by S and S HUNTCLUB »

Hello top39, We have a couple of Remington Model 8 butt stocks available. If you would like, we can list them on gunbroker.com, for you to take a look at. Both are missing the hard rubber butt plates, but they're both un-cut, with the original curve for the butt plate. They both would need some TLC, as far as refinishing. One is from a 1908 and the other, from a 1910. We would need a few days to get them listed, as our work schedule is very busy. Let us know! Enjoy Life, S and S HUNTCLUB
Douglas Reid

Post by Douglas Reid »

I too am looking for a Model 8 buttstock. If you would like to avoid the trouble of an auction, kindly send me an e-mail reply to doug at greenwalds dot me. Please let me know what you want for it and I will let you know if I can afford it. I do have an original steel buttplate to fit with the tang portion of the buttplate on the bottom of the stock at the toe.

If you don't wish to transaction the deal in this manner, please list it on Gunbroker and I will bid on it there.44

MANY THANKS
Douglas
keltg

Post by keltg »

top39 wrote:I'm looking for a decent BUTT STOCK for a very nice Model 8.. in .30 Rem
It has a TANG SIGHT...that I do not want... Someone put a rubber pad on mine...yuk...
I also have a full wood case of .30 Remngton ..from a PRISON in Colorado..In WHITE boxes...FULL METAL JACKET..Like was used by the US MARINES.. May part with some ??? For Collectors...
Was wondring what you might want for the tang sight? if you don't want it i might be interested pm me or email to keltg20@gmail.com
Thanks
Kel
Smile makes others wonder what you are up to
S and S HUNTCLUB

Post by S and S HUNTCLUB »

Hello Douglas, The two Model 8 butt stocks that we have, are of the early type, for the hard rubber butt plates. These do not have the bottom tang cut out at the toe, for the steel bottom tang butt plates. We'll check our inventory and let you know, if we have something available that may accommodate your needs. Enjoy Life, S and S HUNTCLUB
Roger

Post by Roger »

Hey fellas, kindly let me know if you still have any m-8 stocks left. I'm in need of a stock for a rifle in the 12xxx serial # range. I have an outlet for repro buttplates. I have a decent gun with a pad.
Thanks for Your time,
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
Yurokjames

Post by Yurokjames »

Looking for a Model 8 Forearm. Not interested in repro.