Need Model 8 Op. Handle

Items wanted
PacNW

Need Model 8 Op. Handle

Post by PacNW »

Hey everyone, new to the Forum but have also had the same problem finding a charging handle for a Model 8 (30Rem) I inherited. The gun parts corp has the operating handle and the plunger spring but not the bushing or plunger. I went ahead and ordered the handle, but still need to find the plunger, bushing, and 1 or 2 stripper clips. If you you come across any extras I would be interested.
Cheers
PacNW
sighthound

Re: Need Model 8 Op. Handle

Post by sighthound »

An operating handle was listed on fleabay recently, sugguest you might contact forum member jack1653@att.net as he has been having FN 1900 op handle parts made.
Sarge756

Post by Sarge756 »

Welcome to the forum. I just got the new catalog from Jack First Gunshop in Rapid City,SD and do find the plunger and bushing listed. You can give them a call at 605-343-9544 .Refer to parts #`s 62 and 63 on page 416 of Rifle Parts Vol 2 . Hope they have it in stock for you.
Joe
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Rem8&81

Post by Rem8&81 »

Sarge, Contact my brother Brian, I believe he can provide you with a complete charging handle and possibly a clip or two. winwinoptions@yahoo.com
[color=#004000]COREY CREAMER[/color]
Sarge756

Post by Sarge756 »

Thanks Corey,I`ll save your brother`s information should I be searching for a part in the future. I hope the newbie that started this thread will return someday and see that we deliver when a call for assistance is made.
Joe
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."