model 81 barrel lock spring

Items wanted
kendall

model 81 barrel lock spring

Post by kendall »

Looking for a barrel lock with attached spring, and or just the barrel lock spring. this is for a model 81 35 Rem.

Numrich has the barrel lock for $23 in stock. They are sold out on the spring. So can I assume the barrel lock from Numrich comes WITHOUT the spring??

thanks, Kendall
81police

Re: model 81 barrel lock spring

Post by 81police »

kendall I probably have this part, I will check this week and let you know.
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
kendall

Post by kendall »

Thank you so much Cam. I was referred to the Jack First folks in SD by Jim of the Gun works video posted here. He was quick to reply to an email I sent him. I will call them in the morning. If they have one (or two ) in stock I will buy from them, and you can hang on to yours, unless you prefer I buy it from you, and I will gladly do that.

While I'm at it, what other small parts would be advisable to have on hand so that I can keep this cool old gun running well into the future??

Kendall
81police

Post by 81police »

if Jack First doesn't have the parts let me know and we'll work something out.
While I'm at it, what other small parts would be advisable to have on hand so that I can keep this cool old gun running well into the future??
lots of 35rem ammo lol!
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
kendall

Post by kendall »

Jack First had a used hammer lock spring, $9, and I also ordered a magazine indicator spring for $23, assuming it might be one that would fatigue and snap on me. So (cross fingers), my problems are solved. I took a pic of the gun and tried posting it, but file size is too large, I will re-size and get a pic of the rifle posted up.

thanks for your help P81