looking for rem. 81 serial #16975

Items wanted
Roger

looking for rem. 81 serial #16975

Post by Roger »

18 yrs. Ago I was forced thru conditions beyond my control,to sell my only m-81( at the time) . Serial#16975 was in 32 rem. Caliber@ in about 95% original condition.Of course there's no way of knowing what condition it would be in now,@ I don't care. It may have been sold at the fall Tulsa guns how in 1994, or so I was told by the ex-state trooper from Iowa that I sold it to. His first name was Melvin. I don't remember his last name. I do know he later moved to Arizona. I know it's a real long shot but I would like to find it's whereabouts now @ I felt this forum was a good starting point.Any help you members could be to me in this matter would be appreciated @ maybe rewarded with a finders fee.
Thanks for your time,
Roger Williams
Raw4555@ gmail.com
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
Roger

Re: looking for rem. 81 serial #16975

Post by Roger »

I suddenly remembered melvin's last name today. His name was melvin allen @ he was on the guns how circuit for a long time. Maybe some of you out there knew him. Anyway he was the last person. Who had it after me.This 81 was probably sold with 5/6 boxes of original 32 rem. Ammo, but I can't say for sure what he did with my ammo.Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for your time,
Roger Williams
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
mr mike

Post by mr mike »

Roger,
After reading your post, I went to a site called

http://www.zabasearch.com

Its sort of like an electronic phone book or search engine for looking up folks. I've used it successfully many times
to locate old Navy buddy I served with in the past.

In your case I typed in MELVIN ALLEN and for state, ARIZONA. Then I clicked on WHITE PAGES. It brought up
about 40 guys with that name living in a number of communitys in that state. Many with age's, address's and phones listed.

I guess your gonna have to go back and do this on your own to see if you recognise the right guy.
You can hunt all over the United States, state by state with this site, so give it a shot.
Hope it works for you. By the way as a test run just to see how it works, try looking yourself up,
with your state and address. Its a neat program.
Good luck.
Roger

Post by Roger »

I'm still looking for the whereabouts of Rem. M-81- serial#16975 in 32 rem. Cal. Hope someone sees this who can help me.
Thanks for your time
Roger
Raw4555@ gmail.com
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
Roger

Post by Roger »

When I first talked about listing this on the forum,some members told me it would be a real long shot. I didn't let it deter my hope to find this rifle. I'm still just as determined to locate it now as ever. Please help me if you can to find this missing piece of my gun collecting history. I shouldn't have sold it but had no real choice at the time. The IRS doesn't care about sentimental attachment. Maybe I will get lucky someday.
Thanks for your time,
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
Roger

Post by Roger »

I'm still looking for the m-81 serial#16975. It was in 32Rem. Caliber. Hope someone can help me.
Thanks for your time,
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
Roger

Post by Roger »

I'm still looking for the whereabouts of my first M-81, serial #16975, in 32 Rem. caliber. The more time goes by,the more I'm determined to keep searching for it.I hope you can help me.
Thanks for your time,
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com