WTB : Barrel Nut Washer for .35 Remington

Items wanted
ManInBlack83

WTB : Barrel Nut Washer for .35 Remington

Post by ManInBlack83 »

Hello everybody,

I'm looking for a barrel nut washer for an 81 in .35 Remington. The new 81 I purchased has one, but the tab on the inside is pretty worn and doesn't always stay in the groove in the end of the barrel. I checked Numrich, and they are out of stock. I was wondering if anyone here had one laying around I could purchase.

Thanks for the help!

MIB83
imfuncity

Re: WTB : Barrel Nut Washer for .35 Remington

Post by imfuncity »

I don't have an extra but I do have a couple rifles that also have very worn tabs - doesn't seem to hurt how the rifle functions, just a pain on assembly. :? Always wonder exactly what was the purpose of that tab ...?
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
ManInBlack83

Post by ManInBlack83 »

At times, the tab does not stay in the groove and the barrel nut can almost be completely twisted off by hand instead of with a spanner wrench. I guess worse case scenario, while shooting the barrel nut may come off :?: I don't know. :?

I already ran into an issue during the first disassembly. What is left of the tab was in the threads instead of in the groove. After removing the barrel nut and barrel jacket bushing, of course nothing came out. Barrel nut washer was caught in the threads and wouldn't allow the recoil spring to come out. Took some patience and finesse, but I eventually got it out.
81police

Post by 81police »

the barrel nut washer's purpose is to engage it's grooves with the teeth of the barrel nut, thus preventing it from backing out. This isn't exactly a universal part, barrel nuts can come with different number of teeth. I have a few washers, but you'd need to count the teeth on your barrel nut to see if we can match up.
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
ManInBlack83

Post by ManInBlack83 »

81police,

Thanks for the heads up about the barrel nut not being a universal part. My barrel nut has 40 teeth on it.