6 Model 8s for sale at online/live auction

Items for sale or trade
TJH

6 Model 8s for sale at online/live auction

Post by TJH »

I thought someone might be interested in these.

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/SearchAdva ... r+Auctions
Bitter

Re: 6 Model 8s for sale at online/live auction

Post by Bitter »

Oh man don't tempt me
Hibby83

Post by Hibby83 »

Got to see the final bids on all before the premiums and added fee's.

I'm assuming the 25-35 stamped one was the cheapest of the bunch due to it not being factory original "wood, barrel?". I figure it came to no less than 1100 by the time new owner takes possession.
TJH

Post by TJH »

The D Grade sold for $3000.00 + a 5-15% buyers premium. I don't know but that seems pretty high.
Phyrbird

Post by Phyrbird »

In today's market it's not, I'm surprised it was not more. They are after all only a few still around.
Many members are somewhat baffled with the production numbers our Ladies are not more valued. For example a Winchester is frequently art of a more then million per year run. Rooster had a lot to do with it.
Phyrbird
SOKY
Hibby83

Post by Hibby83 »

I feel the D grade was pretty appropriate considering rarity and the condition. The only drawback on it was the aftermarket buttpad that was degraded. There is surely some new happy owners out there from the auction.

I concur with Pyrbird on the autoloaders not being appreciated as much as i feel they should.

America loved their cowboys and they weren't ready for that new technology of THE RAPID FIRE RIFLE THAT LOADS ITSELF, BIG ENOUGH FOR THE BIGGEST GAME. :D
MinnesotaDan

Post by MinnesotaDan »

I can not agree more, Model 8/81s are vastly underappreciated and as a result, vastly undervalued. Buy them when you can, someday I think that they will achieve a value that is commensurate with their rarity. One can hope, at least......