Remington Model 8 For Sale 35 Rem. - SOLD

Items for sale or trade
rcathey714

Remington Model 8 For Sale 35 Rem. - SOLD

Post by rcathey714 »

EDIT: Adding in a note before you read all that down there...this price is negotiable. Let me know what you're thinking!

Gentlemen,

You may recall this poor Model 8 I had: viewtopic.php?t=3853

My firearm collection has taken a bit of a turn from the commercial towards the US military. So I'm going to push this one on down the road and contribute the proceeds towards a 1903A3. I thought I would give you fine fellows the first crack at it!

Pretty decent shape overall but with a few problems.
1. There were some holes in the receiver that I had tig welded and smoothed out. It wasn't a wonderful job but it looks a hell of a lot better than the holes did!
2. There's a pretty decently done patch in the buttstock (it shows in the pics, look for the light grain at the comb)
3. If the notches in the buttplate are to believed, this thing took a lot of deer....otherwise there's just a bunch of notches.

Now, for the good!
1. It's 35 Remington! I also have some ammo I can sell or trade if you'd like (I would take a loss on this sell or trade).
2. I was told on this forum that this firearm has "FBI" style swivels.
3. There's some problems so it's going to be a lot cheaper than a good one on Gunbroker! Shoot the snot out of this one and don't feel bad about it!

I saw one on Gunbroker with very poor finish, a couple holes in the receiver, and a big chunk of wood missing go for $500. Let's start there plus shipping. Call it $530 total to the lower 48 via USPS money order or face to face cashola.

I'm in the St. Louis, MO area and welcome any Missourians to come out for a little show and tell. I have a pretty low post count on the forum but I can provide my eBay user name (if that helps haha) or my business contact information (so you can have my boss track me down :shock: ).

Pictures aren't wonderful and would be happy to provide more or more specific info.

Thanks!
-Ryan
Attachments
5. Remington Model 8 0.JPG
5. Remington Model 8 0.JPG (305.94 KiB) Viewed 3183 times
5. Remington Model 8 1.JPG
5. Remington Model 8 1.JPG (690 KiB) Viewed 3183 times
Last edited by rcathey714 on Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rcathey714

Re: Remington Model 8 For Sale 35 Rem. - $530 SHIPPED

Post by rcathey714 »

This has sold! THANKS!