FS: 1936 Remington Model 81, .35 Rem.

Items for sale or trade
whit

FS: 1936 Remington Model 81, .35 Rem.

Post by whit »

Hello,

I bought my 81' on an impulse over a year ago. It was a great deal, but I don't shoot it much and it really doesn't fit my collection of mostly WWII guns and John Browning designed pistols. I love the design, but my safe is full and I would like a rifle I can hunt with (PA is one of just a few states where you cannot hunt with a semi). Probably going to buy a Browning BLR in 7mm-08.

The serial number is in the 700s and the rifle has the dovetailed front grip. The caliber is .35 Remington. The bluing is about 90% with some blemishes. The wood has some nicks from long ago but nothing major. In the 3rd photo below you can see the worst scratch on the rifle's wood just below the front sight. Bore and internals are excellent. Front sight has been adjusted for windage, needs re-centered (I'll post a pic soon of 10 rounds fired at 75 yards). Rifle has a period aftermarket recoil pad marked "Jostam MFG, Peotone Ill., Patented 1915/1927".

Will post more photos soon, these are actually old.

Oh, and I will throw in 16 pieces of once fired Remington Core-Lokt brass with the sale. I have additional factory ammo available if need be.

Feel free to request any additional photos. My wife has an excellent camera.

I'm asking $800 plus shipping. Will of course ship to a C&R holder. PM me if interested.