Model 8D Peerless 25Rem - FOR SALE

Items for sale or trade
81police

Model 8D Peerless 25Rem - FOR SALE

Post by 81police »

Hey fellas, this is forum member Packmule's rifle up for sale at the link below. I've personally handled this rifle and can say it's got as nice wood (for its age) of any Model 8 I've seen.

The reblue job makes it look, as Packmule says, "like a Weatherby". But the factory engraving is still very prominent. Inside, the action is immaculate. The bore appears very good. Rifle made in 1910

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =476378624
Attachments
IMG_0404 copy.jpg
IMG_0404 copy.jpg (201.72 KiB) Viewed 6863 times
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
curdog

Re: Model 8D Peerless 25Rem - FOR SALE

Post by curdog »

That is indeed a shame someone attacked it with a buffing wheel.
xtimberman

Post by xtimberman »

That is MY kind of shootin' iron! -- I tend to really like deluxe, factory-embellished firearms with a few "issues" to keep me from relegating them to safe queen status...and to afford me the opportunity to shoot and hunt with a fancy gun without so much worry. If I hadn't recently found a worn Peerless M-8, I'd certainly make a run at this one!

We agree that it's a shame someone gave it the buff job...but WOW! What a fine set of wood on it! If it hadn't been buffed....the Buy It Now price would be somewhat higher and we would have some folks complaining about the lofty asking price....... :lol:
h.charlie

Post by h.charlie »

My significant other loves shooting my model 8 I might have to make a run for this rifle as a engagement gun for her!
Packmule

Post by Packmule »

relisted , the high bidder was $100 shy of reserve

RSA Member
German Gun Collectors Association

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
In The Ten Ring

Post by In The Ten Ring »

I was still recovering from the Vermont ski trip. I didn't make it to MN as I had a doc appointment on the 13th but it was still a killer trip.

Nice to know these guns are still out there. Hope the new owner loves it.