GB M8 huh?

Items for sale or trade
imfuncity

GB M8 huh?

Post by imfuncity »

Wow, thought I just took a little nap... for that price I'd sell a few!
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =455909240
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
Bandersnatch

Re: GB M8 huh?

Post by Bandersnatch »

Pretty, but not $1300 worth of pretty.
I am the cat who walks by himself. And all places are alike to me.
Phyrbird

Post by Phyrbird »

Yes, I noticed the way the stock was covered by a rag and the slip on recoil pad. Wonder what's under that?
You might be able to get a grade D for that much :!: :!:
No tang sights, not even a Krieger magazine.
Phyrbird
SOKY
rem81auto

Post by rem81auto »

I don't think the price is crazy stupid but I would like to see a few more pics. I think finding really clean 8's with little wear are tough >>> as far as getting a decent looking D grade for that price >>>> sign me up.
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Yup, you guys are confirming what I was seeing (or not seeing) - no kreiger, no upgrades,... sumpt'n miss'n for sure. As much as I'd like to believe his price, think he'll be keeping it for a long while or lowering the price significantly, but.... We'll be watching.
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
jim18611865

Post by jim18611865 »

He sent me a bunch of pics. Under the recoil pad is fine, no issues there. Why he doesn't post them I don't know?
rem81auto

Post by rem81auto »

Maybe, I am looking at this rifle with an eye more as a collectible than a shooter. I still see a high 90% condition 8 that would be somewhat hard to upgrade and should sell for a premium dollar.

Mitch, you say you would sell a few for that price leading me to believe you have some high condition 8's >>> kudo's by the way << what do you consider a fair price for a minty 8 ???
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Sorry for the misconception... got 8s and 81s but no mintys anymore, just good user/shooters. :D

I'd agree that mint or special goes for a premium, this one just didn't seem like that to me but... as we get more eyes on it, more pixs, and info... maybe? :o
Bandersnatch

Post by Bandersnatch »

Rule of thumb: They're only worth what people are willing to pay for them.

This is true of guns, cars, sewing machines, baseballs and old bottle caps. I have noticed that these old rifles are selling in the 400 - 600 range, as a usual thing. This particular rifle is priced far above what they usually go for. So, if he gets a buyer, fantastic, but I think no joy will be in Mudville tonight.
I am the cat who walks by himself. And all places are alike to me.
81police

Post by 81police »

I'm in agreement, that is one VERY clean, original condition Model 8. Don't see them too often in that good of shape.
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator