Model 8 tang sight??? and stock

Items for sale or trade
Sarge756

Model 8 tang sight??? and stock

Post by Sarge756 »

Came across this Fleabay listing......http://www.ebay.com/itm/381047645709?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

Well, it looks like it sorta fits, but mounted so far back I wonder if you`d have to be concerned about getting poked in the eye.
Seller does have other model 8 items including a stock set for those that might be looking for furniture. Perhaps contact him re other items that are not listed.
Joe
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Roger

Re: Model 8 tang sight??? and stock

Post by Roger »

Hey sarge,
Looks like a Lyman peep for a winchester lever. I can't remember which model the D code would be for. It could also be for a Marlin lever too.
Thanks for your time,
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
Jerry_H

Post by Jerry_H »

The Lyman tang sight with a letter code D is for the Winchester Model 1894 in 32-40 & 38-55, maybe other calibers & maybe even the Model 1892 in some calibers, but definitely not for a Marlin 1893.

Jerry_H
Sarge756

Post by Sarge756 »

You are correct Jerry. Stroebel`s book had the information but I couldn`t find the book until last night. I advised the seller. Don`t think many of us would want to drill holes in the tang of one of our 8`s to mount this incorrect sight. Hopefully someone can use the wood he offered.
Joe
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."