1st year production Remington Autoloading Rifle, .35rem

Items for sale or trade
stopsevencharles

1st year production Remington Autoloading Rifle, .35rem

Post by stopsevencharles »

I've had this rifle for about a year now. I've put about 50 rounds through it since I bought it, and it is mechanically sound. Until recent issues with the front sight, I found it to be a straight shot. Somewhere in the last ten rounds or so, the front sight became a bit wobbly - I am not sure how the sight is connected to the barrel shroud, but it seems like maybe a screw has been rattled a bit loose. I have also noticed that the crack under the forestock has become more pronounced. It looks like long ago the toe of the stock was chipped and then expertly re-sanded and the buttplate remolded to make it all fit nicely again. The photos will describe these flaws.

While I really like this firearm, I am not a collector and it now does not have a lot of practical value to me until I get the front sight fixed, which isn't a priority for me right now. Since buying this rifle I have moved into an urban area where there are no ranges available to me so right now any money I spend on my shooting hobby doesn't have much of a return. I'd like for an enthusiast to have this rifle so it can get the care, attention , and appreciation it needs.

Manufactured in 1906, in .35 remington. Serial # places production sometime mid-year. Early style safety lever. Markings in photos. Bright, clean bore. Moderately worn stock, moderate bluing wear. Ask questions, make an offer.

Photo Album:http://imgur.com/a/ZCBAj
imfuncity

Re: 1st year production Remington Autoloading Rifle, .35rem

Post by imfuncity »

Don't have one taken apart right now but pretty sure the base of the front sight is secured by rivets... relatively easy fix once the barrel assembly is taken apart. (Unless my memory is gone too and it was soldered.... :? )

Great job on your pictures, very tempting... but kind of favor the bed over the couch. Wish you the best on your sale.
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
Roger

Post by Roger »

Sir, If you would send me an email,we may be able to work something out. My email address is in my signature box below. Thanks,
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
Phyrbird

Post by Phyrbird »

IMFun... You might check with the S&S Huntclub guys they are the only ones I 've seen with the base for sale. I'm pretty sure they are brazed on the barrel sleeve after the sleeve is threaded in the back.
Phyrbird
SOKY
jwharrell

Post by jwharrell »

Wondering if you have sold this rifle?