Items for sale or trade
Phyrbird

Model 51 #2 on Merz Antiques

Post by Phyrbird »

You high dollar high rollers should look this up

http://merzantiques.com/item/serial-num ... tic-pistol

SERIAL NUMBER 2 REMINGTON MODEL 51 SEMI AUTOMATIC PISTOL

Item # R1153

Undoubtedly the lowest serial number known in private hands. Originally in Robert Peterson's collection for a length of time. Approximately 50 years ago he gave it to a good friend of his who happened to be Keith Coulter. He had it in his collection for about 45-50 years I understand. This is the first time it has been offered for public sale. It is a 380 cal. Overall gun is in surprisingly fine condition with about 95% original blue with light traces of high point wear on the corners. Completely unaltered. Excellent condition throughout. It has early features that didn't come on later guns. Rare opportunity to purchase a low serial number Remington. Remington did not make many of these and to have serial #2 would be a great plus for ANY collection, especially a Remington collection.

Click For Photo

Inquire About This Item

Modern $ 12,500.
Attachments
Rem M51 number2 lg.jpg
Rem M51 number2 lg.jpg (263.96 KiB) Viewed 3560 times
Phyrbird
SOKY
jim8008

Re: Model 51 #2 on Merz Antiques

Post by jim8008 »

This pistol has been on Merz website for months. Move comma one spot to the left and take off last 0.
imfuncity

Re: Model 51 #2 on Merz Antiques

Post by imfuncity »

Agree with OVERPRICED... perhaps Rems new R51 will stir some interest. Indeed there was a reason that Rem didn't make many they didn't sell well for whatever reason. (Cost?) I do like mine, feels real good in the hand especially when fired - IMHO better then the 03 Colts - but it sure is a pain to take down.
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine