Rem 25 on GB great w/ a good Buy Now

Items for sale or trade
imfuncity

Rem 25 on GB great w/ a good Buy Now

Post by imfuncity »

Terrible pictures but looks like a good buy on a 25Rem... probably needs some TLC http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =367634646
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
Roger

Re: Rem 25 on GB great w/ a good Buy Now

Post by Roger »

Hey Mitch,
I've been thinking about bidding on this rifle. I'm expecting 2 others from the same collection any day now . However this 25 Cal. looks like the trigger plate and or magazine may have been replaced. It's too hard to tell without taking it apart to see the numbers. Both parts should be serial numbered to the gun. That's the only reason I haven't punched the buy it now on it. Just a fyi opinion here.
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
Roger

Post by Roger »

I just got home from work,and the 25 rem m-8 sold already. I guess they were'nt too concerned with the issues I brought up. If you bought it and are a member here, I'd be interested to know if all the numbers do match.
Thanks for your time,
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Sharp eyes, Roger. Even so... I was tempted! Also hope someone here got it, it was gone within an hour after I posted! :o
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
chas1949

Post by chas1949 »

I am new here and yes gone quickly as I could not resist the very good buy now on one of the more sought after Mod. 8s.
To answer the previous question as to #s match, I have looked and yes they do. I am glad I took a chance on this one as the pics were not all that good. Bore is bright and overall condition is pretty darn good with a few scratches and wear in the bluing and dings in the for arm. Very shootable as is.
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Welcome to the craziness. Great snag... well worth the risk IMHO. (BTW as someone has repeatedly said, this thread is useless without pictures!! ;) )
Roger

Post by Roger »

Sir,
Welcome to the forum. I'm glad that the 25 Cal. Rem. M-8 went to someone who will appreciate it for what it is. I bought 2 others from that same collection. I'm also glad that the numbers were all matching. Good luck with it at the range and hunting fields/woods.
Thanks for your time,
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com